Math, Better Explained: Learn to Unlock Your…

Math, Better Explained: Learn to Unlock Your Math Intuition

by Kalid Azad

I've read quite a few popular maths books in my time, but this is both the shortest and best by quite a way. It takes various fundamental mathematical concepts, such as i, e, Pythogorus theorem, logarithms and calculus, and explains them utterly brilliantly, focusing on concepts, and connections between subjects. Some of the book I knew before, but even so, it is told with such an engaging informal style, and covers such profound mathematical ground that virtually every chapter made my jaw drop in astonishment and my grasp of the mathematical ideas broadened and deepened, as if by magic.

I think anyone who has even the remotest interest in maths or any science that uses maths should read this book (or at least explore Kalid Azad's blog).

In fact, I think the book should be read at least twice - it is that brilliant, and actually covers a surprising amount of ground in its crystal-clear way that a second reading is almost inevitable.

I can't recommend this gem of a little book highly enough. ( )
  RachDan | Dec 20, 2017 |
I am developing a strong inclination towards understanding the basic concepts of mathematics. I'm looking for books and blogs that quench this thirst of mine. I hit Khalid's blog - it was like a whole new world.

Here are some of the things I learnt:
1. Pythagoras theorem is not just about right triangles, but lot more than that.
2. What radians really are and the insights into trigonometry. His website talks trigonometry in lot more detail and that was mind blowing.
3. It's about 'i' - I never understood complex numbers and it's use. This book demystifies 'i'.
4. The exponent e and the plethora of its uses and implications.

I know the author has a book on Calculus as well and I'll definitely read it. Khalid, any plans to write a book about Statistics? I'm sure thousands will be enlightened by your way of thinking the most common and yet the least understood subject of probability. ( )
  nmarun | Jun 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,799,500 books! | Top bar: Always visible