me@you.com by KE Payne

me@you.com

by KE Payne

1321,028,601 (3.5)None

Me@you.com is a very sweet, very believable and touching novel that anyone (teen or adult) dealing with falling in love and self-discovery will find a home in. I was a little iffy at first about the whole thing pretty much taking place online, but it worked fabulously! Hope to read more by this author! :) ( )
  booksandcats4ever | Jul 30, 2018 |
Reviewed at http://www.mandikayereads.com/archives/262

This book had a lot of ups and downs, but overall I liked the story. I think it’s a great story for any confused or curious teen to read.

The writing did leave a lot to be desired. It really frustrates me when authors choose to turn all of their teen characters into some fake caricature based on silly stereotypes. Teens do not all text like complete idiots (“can’t w8 2 c u” etc), especially now that there is this thing in the world called a full qwerty keypad on most phones. It ends up leaving a bad taste in my mouth, and it makes me think the author is trying too hard to get into teen space to write her story.

A lot of the dialogue felt fake and forced, especially between Immy and Fickle. But the overall theme of the story is certainly one I can get behind. I am no stranger to falling in love over the internet, nor of having my heart broken in the very same manner. My heart was with Imogen when she was trying to figure out what to do with her boyfriend and this new online friend, and I felt just as betrayed as she did when she found out some not so nice things about her new friend.

In the end, I was happy with the way things turned out – though I’m not at all certain it’s a realistic portrayal of this type of situation. But then again… don’t we all want the fairy tale ending? ( )
  mandikaye | Jan 3, 2012 |

Immy is a normal 18 year old, with a normal life, a normal family and a normal boyfriend. But when she finds herself falling for a girl on an internet message board, a girl she knows only as the mysterious Fickle, her so-called normal life is suddenly turned on its head. - back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,916,784 books! | Top bar: Always visible