Images Gone With Time : Photographic…

Images Gone With Time : Photographic Reflections of Slovak Folk Life…

by Igor Grossmann

Recently added byrathad, laytonwoman3rd

No reviews
Neither fire nor sword will prevail.
To my Daughter Anička

This unique book portrays the everyday life of the Slovak village in the middle of our century. The photographs bring to life ways of living and folk customs that have forever vanished into the past.

In Igor Grossmann's Images Gone with Time, starkly beautiful photographs capture the essence of the Slovak village at the moment of encounter between the old and the new, when centuries of tradition beheld the dawn of a new age. The world of the mountain village comes alive in these photographs: the countryside formed by traditional ways of farming, buildings blended into the scenery, and family life in the village in its ordinariness and its bright, festive moments.

These images are revealing, and this vanished world is part of the human record, even if the images are gone with time.

Grossmann's photographs are the land of our memories of home. They are a record of our existence, a guarantee of our survival.

Also available:

Illustrated Slovak History - ISBN 0865164266
English Slovak Dictionary - ISBN 0865162263

For over 30 years Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers has produced the highest quality Latin and ancient Greek books. From Dr. Seuss books in Latin to Plato's Apology, Bolchazy-Carducci's titles help readers learn about ancient Rome and Greece; the Latin and ancient Greek languages are alive and well with titles like Cicero's De Amicitia and Kaegi's Greek Grammar. We also feature a line of contemporary eastern European and WWII books.

Some of the areas we publish in include:

Selections From The Aeneid
Vocabulary Cards For AP Selections: Vergil, Ovid, Catullus, Horace
Greek Mythology
Greek Lexicon
Slovak Culture And History

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:17 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,167,144 books! | Top bar: Always visible