Dark Season: The Last Vampire by Amy Cross

Dark Season: The Last Vampire

by Amy Cross

This was an easy, quick read, but predictable. The only difference with this and the other vamp novels out there, is this vampire didn't talk.

I liked the way it went from her P.O.V to his.

I'm glad I read it. But there was nothing to keep my interest.

This doesn't mean I won't read something else by this author. ( )
  KarinaKantas | Apr 20, 2018 |
It was ok. Didn't grab my attention enough to read the second book. The main charecter acted and thinks like a 12 year old instead of an adult.
  alwayslovingtheresa | Jul 3, 2014 |
I first read this story quite awhile ago, I want to change my rating from two starts to 4 because I was able to read the series as a whole and I have a better bearing on it. ( )
  krissysbookshelf | Sep 25, 2013 |
While selecting a book for the very first book club of Reading In Winter (After Dark), I think I set my sights a little too low. I mean, it's the NAUGHTY book club, so one would think that there would be a peen or maybe, just maybe, a little sex. I'm not even sure where I found this ebook on Amazon, but I'm pretty sure it was in the romance section.

Romance, this was not.

This book was young, rescued Sophie throwing herself at a vampire who's pretty much saying, "Yeah. I don't think so." So what does Sophie do? She takes off her top. Then she spreads her legs. She's very concerned with having sex with the vampire, Patrick (who's pretty much in his head THE ENTIRE STORY), that she lets all street smart FLY out the window and acts like a complete idiot.

I was also quite concerned with her nonchalance about the whole VAMPIRE thing to begin with. I mean, they're just vampires. No biggie. If it were ME and I were rescued by someone only to find out they were a vampire, I think I'd run screaming, rather than start plotting how to get the vampire in my bed.

And the only REASON Sophie wants him in her bed is because she sees he's gorgeous. BUT, all of her whining and pleading gets us nowhere! There was absolutely NO SEX in this novel whatsoever, though there's an almost threesome, the line "She has to die later, in bed," Sophie baring her breasts to a pretty much non-aroused Patrick (who pretty much covers her up as if to say, "Ease off, woman."), and the fact that in order to save Patrick in the end, he must bite Sophie in the groin for the best blood. Her pants are off, he's RIGHT THERE, and ... nothing.

I was disappointed. I didn't get the attraction and I didn't like Sophie. Heck, I didn't see the appeal in Patrick, either. I'm pretty sure that when I was told that "[this] book contains some sexual situations," I was lied to. Really.

Read more reviews on my blog, Reading In Winter:
1 vote KristilynRW | Mar 29, 2013 |
A novella with a somewhat sporadic and hard to follow the story line. I had zero connection to any of the characters so this book just wasn't for me. ( )
  tometender | Oct 28, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,851,595 books! | Top bar: Always visible