Slow Boat To Purgatory by Vernon Baker

Slow Boat To Purgatory

by Vernon Baker

Alex has learned that his grandfather has died and left almost everything to him. After reading a letter that his grandfather left for him, Alex finds an unusual book in a strange language that has beautiful pictures illustrating each section. There is also an older journal, which seems to be a translation. The letter explains that Alex’s grandfather was drawn to different places at different times relating to the books and the story of a Templar knight Gaspar. Alex starts to read the journal about how Gaspar came to become immortal.

Gaspar was a regular Templar knight that ran into trouble during the holy war. He is then made an offer to be a hunter of souls. He finds the souls then takes them to Hell, Heaven, or Purgatory. Through these actions, he is cleaning his own soul to try to get into Heaven.

There is also a third party trying to meet Gaspar, Dominicus. He is a priest intent on getting the secret of immortality. Dominicus is very determined and will do whatever it takes to bribe, cajole, or kill those with the information he needs.

I really loved this book. I admit I was a little lost after the first section but fell into the story quickly. I couldn’t wait to see what happened next with Gaspar. I admit I was disappointed in the ending just because I wanted to know what happens next. I cannot wait to read the second book. I hope it is published soon. ( )
  jbronderblogs | Aug 13, 2012 |

Gaspar De Rouse, a Templar Knight, a man murdered by his brothers for the secret he possessed, resurrected and made immortal. Given a second chance at redemption he has walked the earth for over seven-hundred years.

Dominicus Bureau, a renegade priest, torn between his vows and the secret he pursues, a secret protected by an immortal. He carries a silenced pistol and uses it. Often.

Alex Donovan, a modern day warrior thrust into an ages old war, a war between good and evil, heaven and hell. Armed with an ancient chronicle of the life of Gaspar, Alex searches for the immortal and perhaps his own destiny.

All three men, passengers on a Slow Boat To Purgatory.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,936,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible