Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Why? Reflections on the Loss
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0976247275, Paperback)From Chabad of Holland.
After experiencing several personal losses, Rabbi Vorst put his thoughts, feelings, and conclusions based on Chassidus into writing. The booklet, originally written in Dutch, has since been translated into Hebrew, English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. It has brought great comfort and solace to many in the days when they were mourning the loss of a loved one.
Quotes from the Book:
* "Death is an event which G-d 'does not leave a chance'"
* "Sitting shiv'a here is for the good of the neshama there. Just as the kaddish prayer has a purifying effect on the neshama."
* "There are simply two categories of people: those who have had this experience and those who have not."
* "If we have the strength to continue living -- especially when we, as Jews, live a Jewish life -- we give the deceased, who observes all this, a very special experience of happiness."
* "Everything a man owns, is in fact merely a loan."
* "And if we were given the right to choose how to die... after passing to the other world, we know that dying al kiddush Hashem is the most sublime way to end our earthly life."
* "For 'to believe' means to accept and acknowledge something that cannot be known."
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:59 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.