Why? Reflections on the Loss by Yitzchok…

Why? Reflections on the Loss

by Yitzchok Vorst

Recently added byAspenLibrary, jewishbooks

No reviews

From Chabad of Holland.
After experiencing several personal losses, Rabbi Vorst put his thoughts, feelings, and conclusions based on Chassidus into writing. The booklet, originally written in Dutch, has since been translated into Hebrew, English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. It has brought great comfort and solace to many in the days when they were mourning the loss of a loved one.

Quotes from the Book:

* "Death is an event which G-d 'does not leave a chance'"
* "Sitting shiv'a here is for the good of the neshama there. Just as the kaddish prayer has a purifying effect on the neshama."
* "There are simply two categories of people: those who have had this experience and those who have not."
* "If we have the strength to continue living -- especially when we, as Jews, live a Jewish life -- we give the deceased, who observes all this, a very special experience of happiness."
* "Everything a man owns, is in fact merely a loan."
* "And if we were given the right to choose how to die... after passing to the other world, we know that dying al kiddush Hashem is the most sublime way to end our earthly life."
* "For 'to believe' means to accept and acknowledge something that cannot be known."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:59 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,940,574 books! | Top bar: Always visible