Honey Badger Don't Care: Randall's…

Honey Badger Don't Care: Randall's Guide to Crazy, Nastyass…

by Randall Randall

223476,730 (4)2

I LOVE Randall, the narrator of the YouTube sensation, “Honey Badger Don’t Care” video. I was pleased-as-punch to meet him in person last month at an event at Powell’s for the release of this book. He was so nice; he even gave me a hug when I simply asked if I could shake his hand! He was genuine and warm to his fans.
Randall’s videos may be hysterically funny, but he has a serious message behind them: to bring about awareness of the plight of endangered species on this planet.
There are profanities liberally laced throughout the book and I found it disconcerting that adolescents attended the book event at Powell’s. I know they hear and probably use these words every day but I strongly feel that though the book LOOKS like it’s aimed at kids; it’s really for an adult audience, as mentioned on the back cover.
Nonetheless, the book focuses on 11 strange, mostly endangered, animals. I found the pink fairy armadillo to be the nastiest looking – it makes me think of a lobster crossed with a guinea pig. Eww! The Tasmanian Devil is pretty nasty too, well, so is the Solenodon. Frankly, I don’t want to run into ANY of these creatures out in the jungles!
Randall’s trademark humor is everywhere and had me laughing out loud multiple times. There are lots of pictures in this short book, so you get a good look at these crazy animals.
I think it’s absolutely wonderful that Randall has come up with this unique way to educate people about endangered species that aren’t your everyday cuddly creatures. ( )
  BooksOn23rd | Nov 25, 2015 |
Honey Badger Don't Care by Randall
Pictures 5 STARS
language 1 STAR
Educational 4 STARS
I have never seen or heard about the ytube video so I was just thinking oh cute animal book. Yes it has great pictures and most of the animals I did not know anything about even that existed. Boy was I shocked at all the swearing.
I would not recommend for kids who can read. I don't even want my 21 & 22 year old to read it. Hardly swear and try not to. So if you don't mind swearing all the time this book is for you.
The animals that it covers are the Honey Badger, the Aye-Aye, Tasmanian Devil, the Emperor Tamarin, Pink Fairy Armadello,The Tarsier, Opossum, Solenodon, Wombat, American Bullfrog, Sloth.
All of them are having to struggle to survive and their habat is disappearing and I know we need to care and protect wildlife. This book can reach some people with its humor and foul langage. I would love to see them all in person but I know thats impossible even with zoos.
I was given this ebook to read in exchange for honest review from Netgalley.
01/24/2012 PUB Andrews McMeel Publishing ( )
  rhonda1111 | Feb 6, 2012 |
This book is a hilarious look at some unusual (and endangered) animals as told by the "world famous" Randall, of Crazy, Nastyass, Honeybadger fame. Each chapter deals with a different animal and has information about the eating, sleeping, mating, and "child-rearing" traits of each animal. All of this information is given in true "Randall" style. There are numerous color pictures of each animal, some with photo-shop touches, some not. This book is hilarious, as well as informative. The writers have taken Randall's cult following and turned it into a way to bring attention to some other great, yet endangered animals. NOTE!!!! Do NOT for one second, mistake this book for a children's book. While I agree that children would enjoy learning about such unusual animals, this is not the book for them. Randall has quite the "spicy" vocabulary and the language in this book is not appropriate for the under-18 crowd, or for those offended by profanity-laden comments from a honey badger. ( )
  GamecockGirl | Jan 6, 2012 |

With informative but accessible text, the sport is brought to life. This work offers an in-depth look at the sport, from its history and beginnings to the modern game, how it's played, who plays it and the rules that govern it. Packed with facts, stats and full-colour photographs, this is the essential guide.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,743,056 books! | Top bar: Always visible