The Seduction of Lady X by Julia London

The Seduction of Lady X

by Julia London

I am not a fan of romance novels where one party is married to another or a party is engaged to another. This book had both of these; the only reason I picked it up was because it was part of the Hadley Green series. It didn't do much to progress the series (most of the book is away from Hadley Green). I couldn't get over the heroines marriage (even though her husband was horrible) and the hero and heroine could never have an open relationship until the very end of the book. I was ready for this book to end and skimmed a good portion of it. ( )
  reesa00 | May 27, 2013 |
To Julie Kenner,, Kathleen O'Reilly, Dee Davis, Jacquie D'Allesandro, and Sherri Browning Erwin, my partners in crime, for their devotion to friendship all these years.
Twenty-eight souls served the Carey family at Everdon Court, and every one of them, from the young girl who peeled potatoes in the kitchen to Mr. Brock, the head butler, knew to cut a wide berth around Lord Carey if they wanted to keep their position.

Harrison Tolly, the illegitimate son of the Earl of Ashwood, finds out that he is the rightful heir to is father's estate. He's about to be married, has a child on the way, but his heart belongs to another woman. When Olivia Carey's husband dies, will Tolly take the chance to marry the woman he loves instead of her sister he's marrying to save the family from scandal?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,708 books! | Top bar: Always visible