Second Chance Bite (Wolf Harem, #1) by Joyee…

Second Chance Bite (Wolf Harem, #1)

by Joyee Flynn

I really liked this story. Totally unlikely (but hey, we're talking werewolves here, right?), it reads mostly like a fairy tale but turns into a bit of a mystery at the very end.

Spencer is the perfect knight in shining armor. While he has to deal with being turned into a werewolf against his will, he masters the situation perfectly then goes out to save Ryder. Money is in ample supply, and the little work he does do never interferes with him building a relationship with his 'rescuee'. If he wasn't adorably insecure about some things, he'd be annoying, he is so perfect.

Ryder, on the other hand, is almost the perfect damsel in distress. Life has dealt him a very tough hand, and he masters everything as best he can. The second Spencer appears, he is ready to give it all up. Again, the fact that he doesn't immediately do so, but after some appropriate hesitation (which only gets him into more trouble, by the way), stops this story from being totally cliché.

By the time Luc appears and is added into the mix, I thought I had figured out where this was going. Not so! The last few pages are some of the most interesting, since they make it clear that there is much more to this story than meets the eye. An intriguing glimpse into what might happen next is all we get though - until the sequel. Very well done. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 19, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,813,517 books! | Top bar: Always visible