Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome) by R.…

Vanity and Valor (The Blood of Rome)

by R. Lynn

811,471,391 (4)None
Recently added byames, mt256, breannadd1, pittpurple, love2laf
2012 (1) Author No (1) fiction (1) historical (1) K (1) Kindle (2) L (1) read (1) Read Historical (1) Rome (1) to-read (1)

Sellah Katarius is an eighteen year old girl that was sold into slavery by her father. She is strong-willed, beautiful, full of spirit and very brave, however she lives in a time where those characteristics are not valued. The time she lives in is ancient Rome. A time of great works of art, philosophy and also a time a morbid cruelty. Sellah's circumstances will not bring her down. She decides that she can handle anything life throws her way. Including the new Dominus. The Dominus was a rock star chariot driver. Every man wanted to be him. Every woman wanted to sleep with him. Sellah can see two different sides to the Dominus, one side he's compassionate and kind and the other he's a pompous jerk. In this story you can see how he struggles with who he is and who he wants to become and how the world sees him.
He's drawn to Sellah but his pride gets in the way. Dominus puts everything at risk when he makes a wager that could make him lose everything.
Vanity and Valor by R. Lynn is a wonderful read. The story was well written and very exciting at times. The author brought me to the edge of my seat during the chariot race. It left me feeling anxious and breathless. Although some parts of this story made me cringe, the author did a great job with the authenticity of the time period. Vanity and Valor provoked a variety of emotions in me. If you like historical fiction and you're fascinated by ancient Rome, this is a book I would recommend. ( )
  mt256 | Feb 5, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,872,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible