Ancient Blood by Barbara Edwards

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added bySA_Jane, RtB, barbaraedwards2

Reviewed by EmmaRae
Review copy provided by Barbara Edwards
This was a great surprise find for me. When I started reading this book, I have to admit I was confused. Then I realized it was a Book 2, and I went and read Ancient Awakening first. I would definitely not recommend this as a standalone novel. However, since both books are terrific, just buy them both and save yourself my frustration!

I love the people in this town. The characters are well-written, and the action keeps it going till the end. Lily is a strong woman who has survived a stalker's attack and remade herself on the other side of the country. Cole is the protector of his pack fighting his desire to mate with Lily until he can keep her safe. Barbara Edwards also continues Steve and Mel's story, and that's why you need to start with Ancient Awakening. The supporting characters in this town are excellent--from the mysterious Sammy to the rough teddy bear of a police chief.

The mystery propels the plot and makes you not want to stop reading. Her stalker has found her and started leaving his little gifts again, but his behaviour has changed. A wolf is on the loose and attacking animals and people, yet there hasn't been a wolf sighted in the area for more than 20 years. Throw in adjusting to a new life in a small town and her overwhelming feelings towards Cole, Lily has quite a bit going on in her life.

As I said in the first book's review, I'm not sure I'd recommend this series to a biology major. I kept getting hung up on the science. It's well thought out and well done, but not for someone who's studied viruses and genetics. There were some typos and some bigger mistakes in continuity interfered with the flow of the story. I am looking forward to another book in this series, I just hope she gets a new editor first. ( )
  RtB | Jan 21, 2012 |

Barbara Edwards is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,970,214 books! | Top bar: Always visible