A Ghostly Charm by M. J. Fredrick

A Ghostly Charm

by M. J. Fredrick

721,617,126 (4)None
Recently added byShadowdog513, pintopasos, AReCafe, RtB

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s a wonderful romantic suspense book, with just the right amount of spooky ghostly mystery and romance. It also had just the right amount of humor for me. In fact, it made me smile every time I read Maddy’s nickname for a few of the women on the tour. I also admit I really wanted this book to be longer since I was enjoying it so much. The only other issues I have are very minor and have more to do with how the publisher categorized the book than any kind of criticism of the book or the writer. I really enjoyed the love scenes between Maddy and Mal, but I would call them much more sensual instead of erotic.

~ TRS for AReCafe ( )
  AReCafe | Apr 24, 2013 |
Reviewed by Robin
ebook provided by Wild Rose Press

As we enter the South Carolina Coast we find ourselves ready to go to McDavid Island and become a ghost hunter. With ghost hunting all the rage now this was a fun and spirited story. No pun intended.

Maddy Saunders, for a while had thought about leaving her job as a reporter for a magazine, but when the name was changed to Adventure Magazine she really thought she should have left long ago. Her boss gave her the assignment to go on a Ghost hunting adventure at McDavid Island.

Maddy visits her friends antique shop and find an item that normally she would have purchased after her adventure but instead was drawn to purchase it before she left. She finds that it is connected to the McDavid family and the island.

As she boards the ferry and arrives at the island she looks over the brochure trying to get a feel for the story she needs to write. As she enters the small town she finds it to be quite beautiful and peaceful. Little does she know that is all about to change. Entering a small diner she comes across others that appear to be there for the ghost hunting adventure.

As Kari scopes out the others in the group in walks, this somewhat gorgeous guy who has the Elvis swagger down. He announces that he is Mal Sheirdan tour guide for the ghost hunting adventure. He evens comes with sidekick/partner Justin Stromberg. To make things even more interesting we discover he even has groupies.

As they head out for a night of ghostly fun, you can’t help but get caught up in the humor of the story. Mal and Justin usually have things staged but this tour takes them into a new realm or plain as for some unforeseen reason the piece of jewelry that Kari purchased unleashes real ghosts and some aren’t so nice.

As we find out Kari and Mal, find they are attracted to each other. Kari tries her best to fight it but the ghosts see things differently. They must work together to help the ghosts enter their realm.

Ms. Frederick takes us on a journey into the world of Ghosts. I found this story very entertaining. It was funny, sexy and passionate. I definitely wanted so much more. It was a quick, engaging story that keeps you entertained from the very first page. ( )
  RtB | Jan 7, 2012 |

M. J. Fredrick is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,920,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible