Late Harvest by Suzanne Barrett

Late Harvest

by Suzanne Barrett

223,660,339 (4)None
Recently added byPat.Egan.Fordyce, RtB

I enjoyed the plot of this book, and the interesting facts about wine making, but found Kurt not very likable, never mind lovable! Glenna on the other hand, at first meeting seems like a strong, single mother, raising her son, and working two jobs. When she agrees to move back to the winery and work with Kurt, she seems to turn into a cringing violet, the romance heroine of old! If I hadn't read it was a contemporary novel, I would have thought of it as almost historical. (except for the computer) It was an enjoyable read, just not what I was expecting. ( )
  Pat.Egan.Fordyce | Feb 12, 2012 |
Reviewed by JoAnne
ebook provided by Turquoise Morning Press

This book was reminiscent to me of the series with the Marcelli Sisters by Susan Mallery which is one of my favorite series by her. Late Harvest was also about a family winery and the family dynamics surrounding the interactions and workload which included the workers at the winery since they are like family. Ultimately this was a story about family and how Kurt fit in as a von Daniken and what that meant for Glenna who thought his Uncle Otto was her grandfather. Late Harvest drew me in from the beginning and held my attention throughout. Glenna and Kurt had a past together but Kurt didn't realize how closely their lives were entwined when he first found her again and brought her back to his family's vineyard to make Ice Wine. There was romance, tears, arguments, tension - both sexual and as a result of conflict, and a happy ending to boot. Watching how Glenna and Kurt would circle around each other was nerve wracking at times and showed the
importance of communication. Also, watching how close Glenna's son Robbie was getting to Kurt added another dimension to the story. The story flowed effortlessly and even family history thrown in occasionally did not bog it down. I truly enjoyed this story and look forward to reading other books by Suzanne Barrett.

Favorite Quote: "Dammit, Glenna," Kurt exploded. "We're growing more than grapes here at Cresthaven - we're growing people, too. Lives. Futures."
"She stared in amazement. Lives? People? Since when had the von Danikens ever cared about people?" ( )
  RtB | Jan 7, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,714,196 books! | Top bar: Always visible