Take This Man (The Man, #2) by Nona Raines

Take This Man (The Man, #2)

by Nona Raines

521,436,638 (3.33)None
Recently added bymom1964, carad78, BookWhisperer, RtB

“Take This Man” started out great for me. I was wrapped up into it and ready for it to blow my mind. And at first, it did. I loved that it started out with the night that went too far and it threw me for a loop. It fast forwards a few years and Elyse finds herself back in Summit and right in front of Adam and this is where it kind of lost me.

*Warning… stop reading if you don’t want to know what (kind of) happens.*
What I didn’t understand is, both characters (Adam and Elyse) are furious with each other because how the night ended two years ago. You would think that they could be civil to each other and start rebuilding a relationship first. Nope, SI (sexual intercourse) happens right off the bat. They can’t even make it through dates (or even to begin one) without being together but they still have that anger in them about each other. I, personally, would like to work out the problem that I have with the man first before sleeping with him.

But other than that, this book had some pretty steamy scenes and is worth giving it a try.
~BookWhisperer Reviewer MC~ ( )
  BookWhisperer | Sep 3, 2012 |
Reviewed by Sarah L.
ebook provided by The Wild Rose Press

After enjoying One Good Man, I anxiously awaited the release of Take This Man, the second in the series. Adam was not one of my favorite characters in the first installment so I was very curious how this story would play out. I was not disappointed. Ms. Raines again delivered a great story. I couldn't make myself put it down. Even though this is the second installment in the series, I do believe it could be read easy enough as a standalone (if you really want too).

Underneath that uncaring, cocky attitude Adam is actually very vulnerable and uses that gruff demeanor to keep people from getting too close. I enjoyed getting to know the "real" Adam. Elyse carries her own baggage as well having been abandoned by her mother as a child and left with her cold, resentful grandmother. The author did a great job portraying their strong emotions and drawing the reader in. These two characters can definitely butt heads.

If you are looking for a great erotic romance with the right amount of conflict, romance, love and hot sex then look no further. The next installment in the series will be Kim's story whom we have already met in both the first and second books. I can't wait. ( )
  RtB | Jan 7, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,936,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible