Journey in Time (Knights in Time) by Chris…

Journey in Time (Knights in Time)

by Chris Karlsen

1041,250,413 (4.75)None

Alex has his turn at a new life. First he must find the beautiful woman he danced with at the gala. Shakira is a high power lawyer and utterly infatuated with Alex, but she doesn't want his playboy antics interfering with her own life. But then Alex finds out she is the friend of a friend and will stop at nothing to gain her notice. Their story doesn't end with just a wild fling though, somehow, Alex's past catches up with him, literally. Him and Shakira are mysteriously transported back in time to the fourteenth century where he hailed from originally. And everyone believes he is Ian. But how will Ian convince Shakira that he once lived as another man in a different time. ( )
  wndy2011 | Dec 20, 2015 |
I just read Heros Live Forever and loved it. Journey in Time was just as wonderful. I loved this wonderful time travel romance! I can't wait for her next book to come out. Hurry, hurry…

Journey in Time is beautifully written and engaging. Ms. Karlsen did a great job of keeping tension throughout. I connected with both Alex and Shakira. The transition into medieval times was interesting and well-researched. This was one of the most meaty romances I've read in a while. Excellent job!
  booksto.gonow | Nov 25, 2014 |
I read the blurb for this book and knew I had to read it. Granted I have read this author’s work in the past so I knew it would be great. I loaded the pdf copy to my Kindle and the format got messed up. I then loaded the format to my Nook same thing. I tried my iPad and iPhone same thing. When viewed the pdf file on my computer everything was fine. For some strange reason, that I have yet to figure out, I could only read this book on the computer. Well, sad to say my eyes could not stare at the computer screen reading this book. I emailed the tour company asking for a different format. Within a few hours, this wonderful author has gifted me a Kindle copy. Was I surprised, yes, but then again Chris is an amazing author that writes a fabulous tale.

If you enjoy historical or medieval romance then you really need to read this book. After reading, the above excerpt does not sway you to want this book then read on, I hope my review will. This book is about love that will travel the test of time. This love goes from present century back more than 600 years, turns around with a flash, and is back in the present.

I know many people do not like time-travel in their romance book however this is not your ordinary time-travel. This is not just one person ending up in some distance past not knowing anything. Two people have traveled together. He is originally from the past; while she has only lived in the future. Yes, I know you are wondering why I am rambling. Well, I truly loved this book. I read this book in about 5 hours. I know it would not of took me that long but I was working during that time also.

You are probably asking yourself why I loved this book. Well, today this author allowed me to travel from present time London to 14th century England and back. I could see everything the author described in the book. The horses, the keep, the King’s court, everything, and I almost could smell the sweat from humans and horses. Yes, reading this book was great; the reader will leave the present in a flash and be in 14th century England. Who would not want to read something that will take them back in time? I know I did. What about you, will you read this book?

Chris I have read some of your work in the past but I have to say this is the best book by far. I do not know how you did it, but you took me on a journey I will not forget. Keep writing you have a talent that cannot be ignored. Thanks for an amazing read.

The bunnies and I give this book 5 carrots. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
Reviewed by Bri
ebook provided by Chris Karlsen

Chris Karlsen delivers again. I read the first book, Heroes Live Forever, in this double feature of awesome reading. I have to say Alex Lancaster was my favorite character in Heroes. Which is funny because he wasn’t the main protagonist, that’s just the kind of character he is. Charming, intelligent, handsome with the right amount of alpha male qualities I crave. Therefore, when I saw that he had his own book I had to have it. Our fearsome leader, Jen, here at Romancing The Book contacted Chris and she sent me a copy to review. I thank them both.

Heroes Live Forever and Journey In Time essentially have the same formula. If you are unsure of what that is then I’ll explain. Romance authors will use a formula to build a story around. Most often times they don’t even realize it because with different settings, times, characters and conflicts the story is very different. However, Chris Karlsen has a formula…a successful one and she should keep using it.

She knows her characters tremendously well. They grow in the course of the book as they would if they were real people. Shakira Constantine is the perfect woman for Alex. Both are prideful, independent, attractive, and successful. But something else that I love about Chris’ books is that the conflict comes to a head. She does not shy away from the true challenges or heartaches in the relationships of the hero and heroine. Then like a great movie she provides a resolutions that leaves your reeling but blessedly sated. ( )
  RtB | Jan 7, 2012 |
Shakira Constantine is a beautiful, independent, successful London attorney. One night she meets handsome Alex Lancaster. There’s no denying that the sparks are mutual, even though she isn’t impressed by his riveting good looks and acting career.

Then fate plays a trick on her when he is unjustly sued for sexual harassment and she ends up representing him. Of course, now that he’s her client, they get to spend a lot more time together.

Risking venturing into the boundaries of unethical behavior, she accepts his invitation to spend a weekend in the countryside. He promises to behave and also swears that the weekend will be strictly professional.

Nothing, however, prepares her for what happens next…

Walking in the woods one day, they experience a moment of abrupt, strange disorientation and find themselves in front of a Norman medieval stone castle. Everyone around them is dressed in medieval fashion and speaks in an archaic way just like in The Canterbury Tales.

Unable to believe her eyes, Shakira thinks the setting is for one of his movies. But nothing prepares her for the truth…

Journey in Time is a steamy, time-travel romance story with a strong, independent heroine and an irresistible, warm and caring hero. Karslen does an excellent job with the historical setting and characters. I really felt myself transported in time and enjoyed all the historical details.

There’s also a lot of good humor at times to balance the serious segments. Abundant love scenes spice up the prose and there’s enough tension to keep readers turning pages.

I look forward to reading more novels from this talented author.

Chris Karlsen is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Books to Go Now

An edition of this book was published by Books to Go Now.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,797,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible