Out of Time by Deborah Truscott

Authors:Deborah Truscott
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 309 pages
Rating:***

Out of Time by Deborah Truscott

Easy beach read and that is exactly where I did read it on vacation. I like time travel and had higher hopes for this book. It wasn’t bad, it just wasn’t as engaging as I had hoped. Robert is a soldier who falls through a crack in time which is located in Kathleen’s garage. This is an old house she has recently inherited and plans to sell.

I loved the description of this house and was hoping it may be a little more like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Obviously you have suspend disbelief to think someone from 1777 could appear in our time period. Never mind the fact that he didn’t completely freak out over an automobile, electric lights, cellophane wrappers and running water inside the house.

They are eventually attracted to each other (no big surprise). If you want a quick read and you like time travel, this may fill up an afternoon. There are more books in this series but I think I will skip them. ( )
  SquirrelHead | May 2, 2017 |
I thoroughly enjoyed reading "Out of Time". It is a gripping adventure story about two boys from two diverse cultures & backgrounds working together in a race against time to save the day! ( )
  Cheryl_Nolan | Dec 15, 2013 |
Basically this story revolves around two characters with a small fraction of a few others--which made them seem like they are in the background. I think this might have slowed down the novel for me, and limited any additional action that could have made it go at a faster pace. There were some interesting facts about the revolutionary period. This period is one of my favorite. I usually read novels that follow a colonist, but this book followed a British colonel.
The Kindle version had errors, especially with quotation marks. As a side note to the author, it might be good to cut back on the use of parentheses and just state the words normally.
If you like time travel and the revolutionary period with a little romance, than you should try this book out. ( )
  Maria1010 | Feb 28, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,650,515 books! | Top bar: Always visible