The Consuming: Demon Soul Saga by Todd Boyer

The Consuming: Demon Soul Saga

by Todd Boyer

322,001,085 (4.75)None

No tags.

Jack O'Conner has dealt with his fair share of figurative demons - death, loss, and alcohol - but what happens when an actual demon decides to possess Jack's bitter soul and have a little fun? Well, not what demons Ike and Max thought would happen. Instead of consuming Jack's soul and taking control, Ike gets trapped inside and must rely on Max to somehow release him. Unfortunately, no one on Earth seems to know how, so Max must cross into another realm and find a demon who can help. But after hearing about Garrock, a warrior demon, and his plan to get rid of Lucifer in order to start the Apocalypse, Max and Ike must work together with Jack in order to free Ike and try to save the world.

I started reading at 9:30pm and couldn't put it down until 12:45am when I finished the last page! This fast-paced christian-based fantasy adventure consumed my entire attention and kept me on edge. I didn't know what to expect from a book sporting an "Exorcist-like" illustration on the cover, but I am glad I didn't judge too quickly. The Consuming is shockingly intriguing, and full of fun, feisty, and well-developed characters woven into a sinuously twisted plot. I loved the way Max and Ike were portrayed and the striking personalities they had; the demons were almost humanized, but still retained their demonic and otherworldly persona. The story-line kept me guessing and the dialogue fit the situations perfectly, it wasn't forced. Todd Boyer has a writing style that keeps the reader interested and ready for more. I will definitely be looking out for sequels! I recommend The Consuming for lovers of all genres because there's something in it for everyone: horror, fantasy, religion, drama, and humor.

Rating: On the Run (4.5/5)

*** I received this book from the author (Bostick Communications) in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. ( )
  Allizabeth | Jan 22, 2012 |
Don’t let the genre “Christian Fiction” through you off. This will appeal to both Christians and non-christians. The was interesting. What would happen if a demon were “trapped” in a human body while they tried to possess it? This is what happens to the demon Ike in this story. To make it interesting Max, another demon, decides to save his demon friend. It is during his mission to help his friend that he learns about a demon named Garrock. Garrock is a warrior and is making plans to do away with Lucifer and bring on the apocalypse. It was at this point my mind started racing. As a Christian I kept thinking, “wow, I wonder how Lucifer would feel having the tables turned on him?” To stop Garrock, Max has to become friends with Jack, the possessed man. Then the three of them must stand together to try to stop Garrock. I let my mother read this first. She didn’t like it. When I asked her why she said it was to much fantasy for her. I knew then that I was going to love this. Anytime you can mix all the genres I love together we have a win-win situation. I was right. I did love it.
I also loved when the demon’s eyes were opened to the truth. There is so much to love here on so many levels. The characters were well thought out. For me the story flowed so smoothly it kept me reading from beginning to end. This is a must read for all fantasy, thriller, suspense lovers out there. I guarantee you there is something for everyone in this book. This is just the first book. I can hardly wait for the second one to come out. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jan 15, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,174,504 books! | Top bar: Always visible