The Last Werewolf Hunter: The Complete…

The Last Werewolf Hunter: The Complete Series

by William Woodall

621,268,033 (4.67)None

Young Zach Trewick comes from a long line of loup-garou, (werewolves), but he will do anything to escape the transformation. Unfortunately, his family does not feel the same way, pushing him towards his genetic destiny. So Zach has no choice but to flee his home and seek his excommunicated uncle Justin, whom he has never met, to break the "curse". Along the way he learns the history of the loup-garou, the true meaning of family, the strength of courage, love and trust, and finds a spiritual relationship with God that aids in his quest for normalcy.

The Last Werewolf Hunter is a three-part supernatural novel, (Cry for the Moon, Behind Blue Eyes, and More Golden than Day), with a Christian twist. I really loved William Woodall's writing style, his clever phraseology kept me rapt with interest throughout the entire book. The level of action was moderate and there was little-to-no violence or gore, however I still found the story to be a page-turner, especially due to the dialogue. I found the characters well-developed, realistic and relatable, Zach, Justin, Eileen, Cameron, Edith and Jolie were some of my favorites to read about - particularly in book three. I thoroughly enjoyed all three parts of the series, although I really liked books two and three, where Zach started to "grow-up" and make decisions about his own destiny. I approve of the message it conveys to the young adult crowd, and wish that there were more books out there like this one. Everyone has their own "inner monster" to deal with, but it is up to the individual to choose how to manage it; with or without faith. I will definitely be looking out for more of William Woodall's books! Recommended for middle school through adult readers.

Rating: On the Run (4.5/5)

*** I received this eBook from the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. ( )
1 vote Allizabeth | May 28, 2012 |
THE LAST WEREWOLF HUNTER by William Woodall is a set of three short stories. Book one is about a boy named Zach Trewick who is destined to be a loup-garou (werewolf). He is not happy with his family and their decision to make him a monster and he decides to run away. Zach tries to find his uncle Justin the only person close to home who denied the werewolf gene in the family. In his travels he finds more than he hoped for and found a spiritual relationship with God. The story continues in book two introducing Zach’s cousin Cameron. Zach learns about love, family and trust. Book three is probably my favorite. It has myths and legends and gives the background story of wolves & wolf hunters. This set of books is not all about mean, violent, and bloody wolves, so if that is what you are looking for this is not the book for you. If you are looking for a story about a boy who learns valuable lessons about family, love, friendship and God this is the book for you. I recommend this book to a pre-teen or adult. I truly enjoyed this book.

Rating: 4.5

Heat Rating: Sweet

Reviewed by Rae for My Book Addiction and More ( )
1 vote MyBookAddiction | Apr 7, 2012 |
Is the love of family worth one's humanity? "The Last Werewolf Hunter" is an entry into William Woodall's series surrounding Zach Trewick and the monstrous nature that surrounds him. Forced to make choices between good and evil all around him, Woodall creates a humorous story that won't be easy to put down for lovers of supernatural fiction. "The Last Werewolf Hunter" is a strong pick for fantasy and fiction collections.
added by billyblueboy | editMidwest Book Review (May 9, 2012)
When my mother and father forsake me, then the Lord will take me up. -Psalm 27:10
I didn't know anything special was going on when Nana Maralyn asked me to go walking with her in the apple orchard that day.
God is love, even to the lost, and to know Him at all is to know this.
At the heart of darkness, there's always a nugget of gold.

Zach Trewick always thought he'd become a writer someday, or maybe play baseball for the Texas Rangers if that didn't work out.  What he never imagined in his wildest dreams was that he'd soon be dodging bullets and surviving car crashes, let alone that he'd be asked to break an ancient curse which has been around for centuries.
And that was just for starters. . .
He soon finds that his family is determined to fight him tooth and nail every step of the way, his best friend hates the whole idea, and he isn't quite sure whether or not his girlfriend might secretly be trying to kill him.
But Zach is the last of all the werewolf hunters, the long-foretold Curse-Breaker who is the only one with the power to end the curse forever, and he's not the type to give up just because of a few minor setbacks.
Zach's adventures will lead him from the hills of Tennessee to the piney woods of East Texas and the bayous of Louisiana, and a few places even farther off the map as he struggles to finish the mission he's been given while remaining faithful to all the things he believes in.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:26 -0400)

William Woodall is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,948,518 books! | Top bar: Always visible