Helpless (The Blue Fire Saga, #3) by Scott…

Helpless (The Blue Fire Saga, #3)

by Scott Prussing

621,268,033 (4)None

It might be an oxymoron to call a paranormal novel unreal. The supernatural beings and abilities in this book are so unreal and so many. Yet more surprises and new supernatural beings coming out of the woodwork with convenient abilities. I accepted all these unreal things since it is a paranormal novel about the supernatural, however, I did not expect to ever feel a PNR might be stretching it but sometimes I did feel that way. Some of the abilities seemed a bit too convenient. I am still very much in love with series, and Leesa and Rave as a couple even though their romance is very young adult, they really need a break on that his kiss could kill thing. Leesa can finally get some answers on what's happening to her from Dominic. Leesa and her friends are just too perfect which I was fine with in earlier books but now it needs a little spice to the story. I wish Bradley, Leesa's brother and Stefan had a bigger part in the story, hopefully they will in the next book. All in all it was a pretty great read, I did actually enjoyed reading it. ( )
  GigisIrieReads | Oct 22, 2016 |
Helpless, Book #3 of the Blue Fire Saga
Author: Scott Prussing

Helpless is the third book in the Blue Fire Saga, a paranormal romance series filled with passion, danger and suspense.

Our Review [By LITERAL ADDICTION’s Pack Alpha – Michelle L Olson]:
Anyone who follows my reviews knows that I’m a huge Scott Prussing fan. I have read and reviewed almost everything that he has available currently in multiple genres, and I was very excited to read and review the 3rd installment in the BLUE FIRE Saga after devouring Book #2, Deathless.
While I enjoyed Helpless, I felt like I was missing something when all was said and done. The detailed imagery and story building I’ve come to know and love from Scott wasn’t there to the degree it had been in his previous books. Call it the curse of high expectations…
I can only assume that due to deadlines and his need to get the book out by the holidays he didn’t spend as much time on the book as he had the others, and therefore it ended up being shorter and not quite as detailed? I can’t go into specific areas where I felt there could have been more because of spoilers, I’ll leave that for my personal communication with the author, but what I do want to say before I launch into my formal review pieces are that my comments should in no way stop you from reading Helpless because it was a very good book - it just wasn’t as good as the first two in my personal opinion, but that is MY personal opinion.
O.K, a lot of things developed in Deathless (Book #2), and Helpless picks up right where Deathless left off. Leesa is learning about herself with the help of her new friend, Rave and Stefan still have an uneasy alliance, Leesa’s family is almost thoroughly healed, and other than the supernatural elements, each day of Leesa’s life is like any other normal college student.
There is danger lurking however, and nobody knows exactly what the intention of these nefarious characters is, nor do they know exactly whose life their actions will affect.
Again, because of spoilers I need to keep my review vague, but suffice it to say that a few different battles are fought – both literally and metaphorically, things are resolved with some personal sacrifice and collaboration, and while all is generally right with the world at the end of Helpless, there are still several unknowns lurking that could cause an uproar in a heartbeat.
Helpless has considerable action and some really sweet romance. It is also a major growth book for Leesa – her character goes through a lot of changes in this book on the road to becoming who she is destined to be. While I didn’t find it quite as exciting or surprising as I found Deathless, it was still a solid installment to the Blue Fire Saga, and a necessary book on the road to the story evolution.
LITERAL ADDICTION gives Helpless 3 1/2 Skulls and recommends it for anyone who started the Blue Fire journey with Breathless - both Young Adult and Adult Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance lovers who want a light-hearted, unique Paranormal read.
I’m very excited to see what Scott has in store for the next book of the Saga, as there are a lot of things that we have yet to learn quite enough about… ( )
  LITERALADDICTION | Jan 8, 2012 |

Scott Prussing is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,169,969 books! | Top bar: Always visible