Texas Bride by Brenda Huber

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byRtB

Reviewed by Molly
book provided by Wild Rose Press

I absolutely adored this book! While I missed out on book one in this series, Texas Blaze, Brenda Huber did a wonderful job at creating this novel in away that it can be read as a stand alone. Of course, with me, I love reading the full series, so I will be going back to Texas Blaze in the near future to get acquainted with Hope and Ethan's story.

The characters that Ms. Huber created in this story were AWESOME. I absolutely fell in love with Marshall Garrett McCabe instantly. Ms. Huber starts Marshall McCabe's story off with a bit of suspense with a gun fight, and winding around to the repaying of debts when McCabe is suddenly thrust out of retirement by the judge. The judge sends McCabe to escort his niece to town, and when a stage robbery lands the Marshall in Miranda's path, the trouble, and the sparks, ignite instantly for Miranda and the Marshall.

Miranda's a character to become friends with. She won't settle for anything less than a marriage based on true love, and she's determined to make her uncle see the truth of that. But, when she meets Marshall McCabe......things don't go quite as planned for her. I enjoyed watching Miranda's character interact with Garrett's. She's a spit-fire and really tested McCabe's patience on more than one occurrence. The way the sparks constantly flew between them was tension filled and when they finally gave into their feelings for each other.....well, let's just say that I wanted to take a dip in the river right along with these two amazingly created characters!

When McCabe's past catches up to him, and Miranda's life becomes endangered, McCabe will do anything in his power to make her see that his feelings for her go beyond a mere assignment. But, will she realize it and become his Texas Bride for life? Or will she pass up her chance at a happily ever after, love filled life with a sexy marshall?

I totally recommend this novel to everyone who loves a wonderful, historically detailed read. The passion is strong, the suspense is page turning, and the characters are vibrantly created. Ms. Huber has a mad talent for creating a captivating story and I can't wait to go back and read her previous works! ( )
  RtB | Jan 8, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,760,730 books! | Top bar: Always visible