Big Girls Bounce by Lulu Dean

Big Girls Bounce

by Lulu Dean

I won Big Girls Bounce from LibraryThing in return for an honest review.

This book is the tales of day to day issues in the life of a plus sized, unemployed woman. From buying clothes at a chic store to going to a sex gadget party at a friend's house. I found most of the short stories to be hilarious. There wer one or two stories that were boring, and that is why I only gave 4 stars.
Lulu has another book out that I plan to read.

I loved this book. It was very funny. At first I felt wrong laughing at the issues that a plus sized woman has in life, but then I realized these are issues everyone has. ( )
  pamkaye | Feb 19, 2017 |
not fun, but potentially good. I found it difficult to get into but perhaps I wasn't in the right frame of mind. Have kept it on my ereader for another look - when I do I'll revise the review. ( )
  Dabble58 | Aug 2, 2012 |
A collection of short stories that were funny and interesting. Lulu did a good job of finding humor in areas that would cause others to cave. What will Lulu get into next??? Keep telling your stories! ( )
  kdaviselford | Jul 10, 2012 |
This is my second Lulu Dean book, and I've liked them both. Packed full of humor and an interesting story, this is well worth the read. ( )
  jacobusp | May 15, 2012 |
This was enjoyable read. It is a collection of short stories. I could relate to the characters of the story being an unemployed married artistic individual myself. There are times when the self pity gets a little thick, but then there will be a gem of a story like "Ten Seconds of Kindness" that make the book worth reading. ( )
  melinda.miller9845 | May 6, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Lulu Dean's book BIG GIRLS BOUNCE was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Lulu Dean is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,760,953 books! | Top bar: Always visible