The Elderine Stone by Alan Lawson

The Elderine Stone

by Alan Lawson

I found this book to be a smooth read. I would recommend this book as a great book for young adults or tweens. The main character is just a regular boy with extraordinary abilities which I feel a lot of young people would relate to. Good job Alan Lawson, I hope there is a follow up book. ( )
  KatBro114 | Jul 27, 2013 |
The Elderine Stone is a cute and enjoyable young adult novel that flies by quickly.

The plot was easy to follow and predictable. The twists were expected and the villians easy to see. The characters were not very developed and they did not really grow throughout the story. The punctuation was horrible at times, and the sentence structure was not varied. The sentences were either disjointed, long, and missing commas or were too short.

Overall, it was an ok novel, but it still needed some considerable work in its development. It is definitely a children's or a preteen novel, and I would only recommend it to a person who needed an extremely light read.

I received this eBook for free in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Renn_s | Jun 17, 2012 |
I actually found this book hard to read. It was in first person and the pacing was off just enough to throw me out of the story. I think that it is a good premise just the follow thru is slightly lacking. I also found some smaller editing errors such as too instead of to which threw me off. ( )
  Shaiha | Mar 10, 2012 |
An enjoyable young adult fantasy where Jason finds himself in a totally new world and he becomes the hero who can battle and win against evil forces. I enjoyed his friendships he develops and how he engaged in the issues he found himself with. The characters are a bit light in development, but perfectly fine for a light read.The author leaves the reader ready for the next story. ( )
  Rbeelee | Mar 9, 2012 |
The Elderine Stone
by:Alan Lawson

I won this book from a LibraryThing giveaway

This story is about a normal boy who finds himself taken on an adventure into another world where he is "the chosen one". A great adventure and suspense and magical. Of course, there are "bad forces" to be delt with. I think young adults and adults will enjoy this book.

This is a great read. I liked the characters and the story keeps you interested until the very end. ( )
  twlite | Mar 6, 2012 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Alan Lawson's book The Elderine Stone was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Alan Lawson is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,800,643 books! | Top bar: Always visible