Why Intelligent People Are Overweight by…

Why Intelligent People Are Overweight

by Hedley Turk

6None1,795,440NoneNone

No reviews

"It's simple and gets to the core of the problem. It offers solid solutions without gimmicks."
     - Larry Winget (New York Times Bestselling Author, Motivational Speaker and Television Personality)

"I will recommend it to patients."
     - Dr. Charles Glassman, MD (Physician and Author of Brain Drain)

Why Intelligent People Are Overweight explores why those of us who know better--who know the right foods to eat and that exercise is beneficial--are still overweight. You and I are intelligent. We know which foods are healthy and that exercise is beneficial. Yet, we still eat unhealthy food and choose not to exercise.

So how do we improve our diet, and more importantly, how do we make that adjustment permanent? The answer is: Change our associations to unhealthy food. For most of us, what we eat is based on how we feel. If you eat chocolate it's because chocolate makes you feel good. If you eat ice cream it's because ice cream makes you feel good. If you eat fried foods it's because fried foods make you feel good. Until you change how you feel about a food--from a positive to a negative--it's virtually impossible to make a lasting change.

The same can be said about exercise. If you don't exercise you probably have negative associations to it. You may feel "It's too hard," "It's boring," "It hurts," or "I don't have the time." Until you change these associations, it's highly unlikely you will ever exercise on a consistent basis.

In this groundbreaking book, Hedley Turk offers clear and concise steps on how to conquer your food addictions and cravings, how to motivate yourself to exercise, and how to permanently lose weight.

Isn't it time you made a change--once and for all?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

Hedley Turk is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,677,537 books! | Top bar: Always visible