Rooftop Cat (Miss Annie) by Frank Le Gall

Rooftop Cat (Miss Annie)

by Frank Le Gall

Rooftop Cat by Frank Le Gall is the second Miss Annie graphic novel. Miss Annie is a young black and white cat who has adventures.

In this book Miss Annie's owners give her a cat door, allowing this, until now, house cat, access to the outside. She quickly makes friends with a pack of feral cats — who are of course — in heat.

An inordinate amount of the book is spent on cat procreation and frankly it's amazing that Annie makes it to the end of the book unscathed.

The last half of the book then deals with the death of a friend — an important character, I guess, from the first book, Freedom. This scene is the the more violent equivalent of the Black Cat moving away from Chi in Chi's Sweet Home.

Miss Annie has her adamant fans who adore her books; I personally do not see her appeal. I prefer the cuter and oft times more comedic manga series, Chi's Sweet Life, to this cruder and more frank portrayals of cats. Both series cover the same themes — I just prefer Chi's story. ( )
  pussreboots | Sep 2, 2013 |
What a great graphic novel about a young cat learning to be mature. This book discusses animal instincts, cat spaying/neutering, the nightlife of neighborhood cats, and friendships between different animals.
Age range: 7 - 9 Years (B&N) ( )
  MFeil | Nov 20, 2012 |
Ms. Annie is back for more kitten mischief.
I think I like this one better than the first, however, I feel it's not written for as young of an audience. Children will still love this book but sensitive children might find it difficult (there's a cat death and some cat fights).
Overall, I loved the story. Ms. Annie is still growing as a cat and her curiousity has gotten her into a little trouble.
I find this is not a good manual for how to raise cats though - the master is terrible. He's a good guy but doesn't really think his plans through. I can see that happening in my house too with my husband and our cat.
It's short, sweet and thoroughly enjoyable. The pictures are still inviting and the expressions of the cats will capture your heart.
(there's a sweet story about Ms. Annie's friend the mouse that will delight everyone) ( )
  SDPogue | Apr 13, 2012 |
This is a very cute graphic novel about the kitten Miss. Anne. The illustrations are very well done and the dialogue is cute and sassy. Overall, I enjoyed this graphic novel and will try and pick up the next one. ( )
  JanaRose1 | Feb 24, 2012 |

Miss Annie is just a kitten, but she loves having adventures on the rooftops outside her home. When a gang of dangerous alley cats invade her street, Miss Annie will have to prove her bravery and determination...and her loyalty to her very best friend, a mouse. Can one little cat stand on her own?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:33 -0400)

Miss Annie, a young kitten, joins a group of cats in her neighborhood and, through their rivalry with other groups, learns about loyalty, courage, and the dangers of the world she is so eager to explore, helping her best mouse friend to become braver along the way.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,900,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible