Lovely Knits for Little Girls: 20 Just-Right…

Lovely Knits for Little Girls: 20 Just-Right Patterns, Just for Little…

by Vibe Sondergaard

821,035,133 (4)None

This book is a great resource for anyone who wants to make something for the little girls in their life, and many of the designs are easily adaptable to bigger girls as well. There's a great range of designs, from lace, cables and texture, from basic beginner stuff to more complex techniques.

Most of the book is focused on sweaters and cardigans, but there are several cute scarves/shawls as well.

The designs are very modern and different, which could be construed as a good thing, but for me is actually a negative - I buy books and knit things that will last for years, can be handed down when something is outgrown, etc., not something that will look dated when trends change in a year - at least, when I'm knitting for someone else (I've been known to wear a granny square sweater in public, so I'm not exactly fashion forward).

I had an e-book copy of this book, but other reviews did comment on the quality of the book which is important to note.

I received a review copy of this book for free from netgalley in exchange for my honest review. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |
Lovely Knits for Little Girls by Vibe Sondergaard
Pictures and colors shown are just adorable. From the
very easy to the most difficult but the way the directions are
written it would not be a hard task to complete the most difficult.
Construction of the Aran sweater caught my eye very quickly.
Cardigan edgings would make an adult sweater very appealing.
Dresses and tops, accessories, skirts and snoods, cardigans and sweaters are
the categories with many other featured items.
Also has many recommendations for yarns to be used. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |

"While project books for making baby knits abound, what happens when your little cherub turns two? Lovely Knits for Little Girls solves the problem beautifully, with twenty patterns for pint-sized vests, dresses, sweaters, and skirts--all brimming with pretty, girly details. Forget about baby-weight yarn, tiny needles, and fussy patterns for clothes that are quickly outgrown. For Lovely Knits, knitwear designer Vibe Sondegaard creates a bright, stylish, little-girl wardrobe of fabulous projects that knit up quickly and allow knitters plenty of opportunity for trying a few design tricks (cables, bobbles, lace patterns) on a manageable, kid-sized scale. Best of all, the pattern shapes size up or down easily (with back of book instruction on doing just that), making this collection versatile enough to use again and again. "--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,741,375 books! | Top bar: Always visible