Paris in Love by Eloisa James

Paris in Love

by Eloisa James

Excellent read. Very informative, fun, and energetic too. The way she writes just makes you want to read more about her year in Paris with her husband, daughter, and son. The format of the book makes for some easy reading too. ( )
  EBassett | Mar 20, 2019 |
I have not been to Paris, but I felt like I was there in Eloisa James' short postings and longer essays. I really like her daughter's antics and her son being the typical teenager. If I ever do get to go to Paris, I will pick this book up again, especially for her tips on places to go. She did a lot of the leg work for us. ( )
  eliorajoy | Aug 6, 2018 |
Another memoir of time spent in France; I really need to go there! I liked the layout of mostly small vignettes, many amusing. A book to enjoy nibbling on. ( )
  Siubhan | Feb 28, 2018 |
A pleasant read about a woman who decide to move with her family to Paris after a breast cancer battle. The book is not linear, but apparently a series of Facebook posts. I didn't know this until I came here to review the book. Sometimes it doesn't work, but here it mostly does. Her story worked in this small series of posts and views.

She talks about the family dog, her two children and their struggles with school and the language, what her husband does tutoring, their experiences in various parts of French life. It was a pleasant read, although not life-changing. She watches her children grow, relationships change, time pass, etc.
On occasion I got bored with parts of the story: I wasn't interested in their dog's weight struggles, for example.

Keep in mind this book is not a "how to", although she has recommendations for things and places at the very end. A pleasant read, but not one I'd keep for re-reading purposes. If you're really curious I'd recommend you borrow it from the library or see if you can get it as a bargain book. ( )
  acciolibros | Feb 11, 2018 |
I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the audiobook of this charmingly funny book written by best-selling romance novelist Eloisa James. While most of the anecdotes about Eloisa's sabbatical year in Paris are delightful in themselves, I was also totally won over by the way Eloisa narrates this book. I periodically re-listen the audiobook because I enjoy Eloisa's narration so much. ( )
  Goodlorde | Jan 27, 2018 |

James chronicles her joyful year in one of the most beautiful cities in the world--Paris--all the while inviting her reader into the life of her most enchanting family.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Eloisa James's book Paris in Love was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,739,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible