Paris in Love: A Memoir by Eloisa James

Paris in Love: A Memoir (edition 2012)

by Eloisa James

Title:Paris in Love: A Memoir
Authors:Eloisa James
Info:Random House (2012), Hardcover, 272 pages

Paris in Love by Eloisa James (Author)

This title consists of the author's blog posts while living in Paris. While this can work for some it is just too fractured for me.
  mlorio | Aug 27, 2015 |
66 of 75 for 2015. As a rule, I pick up just about every book I find that is even remotely about Paris. It is no secret that Paris is my second favorite city in the world, and in many ways feels like a second home to me. When I find a book about an American living in Paris, walking through this eminently walkable city, I have to read that book and relive my own adventures in the City of Light. Eloisa James' memoir about a sabbatical year spent with her family in Paris is just such a book, and a true delight. Throw into the mix that Ms. James' husband is an Italian academic with family in Italy, and their two children are attending an Italian language school in Paris, and the possibilities for humor (and love) increase dramatically. James, an accomplished author and academic, takes on the challenge of living as an ex-pat (well, for one year) with style and grace, and this book is the result. If you, like me, love Paris and can't get enough of that city, you owe it to yourself to read Eloisa James' memoir. I give it my highest recommendation. ( )
  mtbearded1 | Aug 23, 2015 |
Disappointed as it is largely a collection of Facebook posts and tweets, interspersed with a few longer selections. It didn't seem as if much work went into pulling it all together. US author mother drags husband and children to Paris for a year and survives to tell about it. There are some funny bits involving cultural misunderstandings, as well as a much-beloved and overly-fed dog. ( )
  michigantrumpet | Jun 2, 2015 |
Light, charming memoir of the author's sabbatical in Paris. The book's origin as Facebook posts and Twitter entries is apparent -- James strings together many small observations to give a picture of her family's time living in Paris. There's no attempt to draw weightier conclusions than the experience can provide -- and that's refreshing. ( )
  borbet | Oct 21, 2014 |
  Bugetta | Sep 29, 2014 |

James chronicles her joyful year in one of the most beautiful cities in the world--Paris--all the while inviting her reader into the life of her most enchanting family.

185 wanted2 pay1 pay

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Paris in Love by Eloisa James was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,964,733 books! | Top bar: Always visible