A Bite's Tale: A Furry Fable by Veronica…

A Bite's Tale: A Furry Fable

by Veronica Blade

319511,538 (4.11)None

This is definitely a very creative and fun take on a version of Cinderella . If you think you have an idea what this story is about think again. You are in for a surprise. Vampires and werewolves weave themselves into this modern tale but they seem as though they have always been part of it. A good sense of humor and of course a love story make this a good young adult choice. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
Review of a Bites Tale by Veronica Blake

From goodreads.com
A Cinderella who spends her nights as a wolf. A prince with a taste for blood.
Seventeen year old Cydney struggles against her werewolf nature, trying to keep everyone around her safe. No way will she risk exposing the beast at the prince's ball, no matter how her two cousins try to persuade her. As she attempts to carve out some semblance of a life, Cydney can't forget the boy she loved three summers ago - or what she did to him after losing control.
Turned into a vampire to save his life, the prince refuses to live up to his royal duties. He just wants to find the girl he loved and lost...the werewolf girl who bit him. But his father, the king, commands him to attend a ball where he must choose a wife. Can he find his Cinderella before he's forced to marry another? He doesn't even have her real name, much less a glass slipper.

Leona's review:

I re-read A Biter's Tale after it had been on my bookshelf for awhile.
It is the story of two teenagers who met in the summer and did not know each others real names. She does not know he is the prince of the kingdom and his real name is Remy. He does not know who she is and calls her Cinderella, which is a name her little brother, Gavin, calls her. Her name is Cydney Ella. Their mother is dead and they live with their Aunt Mina and their cousins.
It is a light book to read and about teenagers, school, friends and family. Do not let the subject bother the reader.
The chapters are written in first person with some chapters by Cydney and others by Remy.
The story is some what based on Cinderella and her prince and it is a light and sweet romance
I will give it a 4 star rating.
I won A Bite's Tale from the author. The opinions are my own.
Veronica Blade may be found at www.VeronicaBlade.com and also on goodreads.com and on Facebook.com https://www.facebook.com/VeronicaBlade?fref=ts
Leona Olson
http://www.mnleona.blogspot.com ( )
  mnleona | Jul 26, 2015 |
I got this book for free to read and review from Making Connections: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/60696
A short tale full of fun-that's what this novella is like!
A few thoughts:
there was no meeting and instantly falling in love.
I loved that Cindy was the werewolf.
Yes, Cindy worried a tad too much about controlling her furry side but I liked that she behaved like any teenager would.
Remy too wasn't just a lovestruck teenager, he comes to realize his responsibilities as he grows up.
I liked how Cindy's aunt loved her and yet was scared of her at times.
And of course, the English vampire was my favorite amongst all the characters. ( )
  MiduHadi | Jul 5, 2015 |
What if Cinderella didn't WANT to go to the ball? AND she was a werewolf?

This sweet, fun YA novella retells the fairy tale with several new twists. On Ile de la Paix, the King is a sorcerer, his top adviser is a vampire, and supernatural creatures mingle with humans.

Youngsters "Jack" and "Cinderella" have been meeting in the Kings' woods every summer for the past three years. Swimming, hiking, hanging out, sharing everything except their real names.

Things change forever the summer Cinderella is fourteen and Jack is fifteen, because, hormones. And first kisses.

I'm a sucker for a Cinderella story anyway, but this got the tone and feeling of teen love down perfect - along with the complications for teens morphing not just into adults but paranormal creatures. And I had to love the fairy godmother. Highly recommend it. ( )
  writerbeverly | May 1, 2014 |
Reviewed by: Reviewed by: Ashleigh
Book provided by:Bewitching Book Tours
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

For these two star crossed lovers, only trusting in each other will allow their hearts to take them to eternity. Many things stand in the way though social standards, secrets but most of all genetics. "Jack" has a secret, one that could make Cydney leave forever, and he is willing to do anything to make her see that he is a great guy and that this secret is nothing more than heritage. But a genetic accident tears these two apart, and while both are alive, living full lives are not in the cards for either. The only solution is finding one another again and seeing if the magic is still there. Is a happily ever after in the cards for these two, or will fear and society keep them apart even longer?

This is a new age spin on a classic tale of Cinderella and her quest for Prince Charming. While some things that obviously been changed the same elements have stayed the same, and for those of us that can remember the original can connect with this story on more than one level. The entire story was an easy read that made following the characters easy and quite enjoyable. I would have liked to see more of what happens at the end of the book after the ball, but continuing this as a possible series is created with the ending you find here. I haven't read too many YA books in the past but this one was a nice refreshing change from my usual reading habits. Veronica Blade really showcased her writing style in this book and it was a pleasure to get to read this one! ( )
  RtB | Nov 9, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,836,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible