Loss by Glen Krisch
182561,019 (4)None

I recently read Loss during a long flight. The story starts strong and with each subsequent chapter the mystery grows and the "emotional atmosphere" builds up. Unfortunately the story ends rather abruptly and a bit unsatisfactorily. I don't want to give too much away so I will just say that the antagonist's behavior as well as the final resolution are a bit at odds with the rest of the story. Although an entertaining read, I would recommend the Nightmare Within or Where Darkness Dwells by the same author over this one. ( )
  dalai-lt | Mar 30, 2013 |
Angie Chandler is married to Paul, one of a family of rich people. At a Christmas party with the family, Paul announces that they are going to adopt a child since they couldn’t have one. Embarrassed and put out, Angie leave the party early with Paul, but on the way home they are involved in a car accident in which Paul dies.

Angie has a hard time coping with the death. It’s worse when she starts seeing Paul. Because of the alcohol and pain pills, she has a hard time getting through the visions. Then she ends up pregnant. What is happening to her?

I liked this story. I really hated Paul’s mother. Angie can’t get over Paul’s death and I felt for the poor woman. The ending was a good twist, it creeped me out. This is a good, quick story that those that like thrillers won’t want to miss. ( )
  jbronderblogs | Jan 16, 2013 |
With the view outside the Honda Pilot looking like a winter wonderland, and just minutes before her world would be irreparably upended, Angie couldn't help smiling.

Glen Krisch is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,069,697 books! | Top bar: Always visible