The Vampires' Birthright by Aiden James

The Vampires' Birthright

by Aiden James

231656,878 (4)None
DRM (1) ebook (2) fiction (1) freebie (1) J (1) Kindle (2) paranormal (1) suspense (1) to-read (2) untagged (1) upload5 (1) vampire (1) vampires (2)

This is book 2 in the series called Dying of the Dark. Txema is now pregnant. The baby she carries is the hope for all vampires who do not want to cross over to the dark side and become the stuff of horror films. The problem lies in the king of the dark vampires who wants to see Txema and all those that possess the birthmark to be wiped off the face of the earth. Only then will the darkness reign and he would be king of all vampires.

This book, written as a memoir, describes how far the vampires will go to either protect Txema or to kill her and her unborn child. More of the history and the relationships between the vampires are revealed as well as more of where Txema stands with each and everyone of them.

Aiden James does an excellent job in The Vampire's Birthright in taking up the story from the first book and developing the plot and characters even more. I enjoyed the first book, but this one was deeper and much more developed. It kept my attention to the very end. I never knew when something new was going to be revealed.

There is language in this book and there is violence as the vampires fight over Txema's life. You need to be aware of that if you are considering this book.

I did enjoy the fact that Txema had grown up and was more mature than the college kid I met in the first book. The only problem I really had with her is her inability to obey orders from those trying to protect her. Then again, the plot would have had to drastically change.

If you like vampire stories, this is a unique story that is unlike any other. This is not the same as the others you are reading, both the good and the bad. James has taken a unique twist on it that will keep you reading to the very end and then want more in the next book. I'm looking forward to reading the next one.

Note: This book was purchased with my own funds. There was no expectation of a positive review. ( )
  RebeccaGraf | Sep 27, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,915,924 books! | Top bar: Always visible