Conquering Darkness: Memoir of the Serial…

Conquering Darkness: Memoir of the Serial Killers Wife

by Alice M Swafford

191765,535 (2)3

What a weird book. It felt like it was written by an teenager.
The OMG!!!'s and the crossed words were kind of weird.I am so glad I did not spend my money on this one. I would have been pissed off!

For me this book was very confusing. From the now she jumped to the past but not in a very good way. While in the past she then told us her husband had raped women. You know me, I prefer my books in chronological order although there are some authors that can pull it of. Not this author alas.

I also felt the author was constantly defending why she married this guy. He must have done something nice cause she kept taking him back, but I could not find that in her writing. She was constantly telling us how bad he was how he never spoke a word.

What was funny that she wrote the word penis like this pe*is something like that. Come on. There is no need for that.You come from a world where people consider that a nice word and use much harsher words.Penis is a very normal word. It felt to me like she tried to act she was very prudish or something.

There were also good things though. If the things I'd mentioned above were not there she would be a good writer. She does have some talent.

Some notes I made: The author decided to sit at the side of the defense tables during trial because out of respect for the family of the victims.
Hmm. Okay.. Oh well.

I also felt a little bit of racism towards white people. She gave some white people names. One was POWMD Plain old white male doctor and another one was NPAA. (No personality at all, referring to another white doctor.
She was very aware of race that is for sure but maybe that is because where she grew up.

I am going to give it 2 stars because I am in a good mood.
  Marlene-NL | Apr 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,787,385 books! | Top bar: Always visible