Exodus Lost by Stephen C. Compton

Exodus Lost

by Stephen C. Compton

374438,538 (4)1

Exodus Lost is a fascinating and well documented historical account of a probable link between Mesoamerica and Ancient Egypt. Learning about how a simply case of mistaken identity brought down the Aztecs illustrates how significant the legend of a foreign founder was to the Aztecs and the amazingly faithful person Montezuma was. Unfortunately, this was rewarded with death and destruction.

Author S.C. Compton delves into the history of the new world and its probable ties with Egypt in this comprehensive look at the compelling evidence and links between the two. The detail that is represented in this book is thorough and provides you with a complete picture whether you have a working knowledge of history or not. The knowledge contained herein is both thought-provoking and intriguing. It is likely to invoke a passionate response from you as well. History can be so emotionally charged especially in circumstances such as these.

The book is beautifully illustrated containing several maps, photographs and etchings. The endnotes are particularly helpful and adds further emphasis on the care that went into the creation of this text.

I highly recommend it for a stimulating and rewarding experience! ( )
  Raymy | May 22, 2014 |
[Exodus Lost] by [[S.C. Compton]] puts forward the theory that Egyptian and Nubian cultures migrated to Central America and influenced the Olmec civilization, predecessor of the Mayan and Aztec civilizations.

The civilizations of Central America have been an enigma. Where did they come from? Where did they go? From land bridges to aliens, many theories have been promulgated through the years. [[S.C. Compton]] has invested a lot of time researching these "Where" questions. He gives mention to other theories when relevant, but belittles none. Where popular theories directly oppose his view, he simply states his supporting evidence without challenge.

Compton is very thorough, covering everything from language to clothing, architecture to religion, and more. The material is presented in a factual and methodical manner. Resources are cited for those who wish to investigate further.

At the end of the book, the author states that it took 14 years to write it. In one or two chapters, I felt it would take almost that long to read it. Other chapters were so interesting, I raced through them - then went back and reread them, convinced that I must have missed something to have finished so quickly (which I had not).

I was very disappointed that my Kindle (Keyboard) was not able to show the exhibits well at all. The alphabet letters were all but invisible, photographs showed no detail, and murals had no color. Perhaps newer Kindles and Kindle for PC have no such problems.

Overall, [Exodus Lost] is really quite fascinating, very well-written, and well supported. I learned a great deal about the cultural development of a country neighboring mine, things I had never known before. Read this book and you will find yourself saying "Who would have thought it?" ( )
  Betty30554 | May 7, 2014 |
First I have to start by saying that this book has so many gorgeous illustrations, pictures and maps, that you just may want to actually have a paperback copy if you plan on buying it!!
History has always been one of my favorite topics in school, and we even enjoy the History channel, as a family, so this was definitely a very interesting book!
I am just fascinated with this author and how he took so much time and effort to make this book happen! 14 years of researching and studying, and the final project, truly shows all of his hard work!
This is a stunning book, with so many footnotes, maps and gorgeous color pictures, several illustrations, and tons of research, evidence, and ideas and suggestions that are not the norm. It does bring this whole part of history, into a new light and definitely makes you think!
Growing up I always was thrilled to learn about this time when we would start this chapter or section in our school history books, but I never read a book that was so intriguing and that taught me so much about this time! I believe the biggest difference is that this book is nowhere near a bore, and you are reading it, and learning at the same time, without even knowing. Even our 8 year old sat in front of the computer learning about the alphabet, and checking out the illustrations and asking all sorts of questions!
I feel privileged being able to read a book that somebody worked so hard on, to gather the facts and new discoveries. I don't think we ever were told in school anything about 2 different civilizations having so much in common, I don't think anybody asked nor was it ever even discussed.
You will be shocked over and over again with this book, very fast paced and the author just jumps right in, I love it! You probably will not be putting this book down for a while, not that you would want too!
Every page you turn, you think, "He can't possibly beat that!", but he does, and the more interesting and weirder it gets with each page.
If you enjoy history, ancient civilizations, Biblical times, and an intense read, this is certainly the perfect choice!
SC Compton, is an excellent writer, he will keep you on your toes, very engaging and never boring!

** I received a copy of this book in return for my honest review ** ( )
  busymommylist | Jul 31, 2012 |
This book looks at history and archaeology in a very different way. It also attempts to put dates to several Biblical events.

In the early 1500s, the Aztec leader Montezuma told hernan Cortes and his men that the Aztec civilization was not native to Mexico, but had arrived there from somewhere else across the ocean. According to the author of this book, that "somewhere else" was ancient Egypt.

In Mesoamerica (ancient Mexico), the Olmec civilization showed evidence of, for instance, aqueducts, burial pyramids, paper production and the world's oldest magnetic compass. There were not the usual incremental improvements over centuries; these appeared abruptly and fully formed. Meantime, their neighbors still lived in huts.

The Phoenicians were known to be master sailors, circumnavigating Africa more than two thousand years before the Europeans. There are accounts of Phoenicians reaching a large land mass many days sailing across the Atlantic Ocean (America).

Recent drug tests on Egyptian mummies showed that they tested positive for tobacco and cocaine. Both are indigenous to America and were supposed to be unknown in the Old World before Columbus. There are many other connections between Olmec and Egyptian cultures.

The Biblical Flood has been dated at approximately 3180 BC. On the floor of the Indian Ocean, a giant crater, consistent with a meteor strike, has been found. Independent scientific evidence has been found of a huge, and very quick, drop in global temperatures at that time. Also, the amount of water vapor kicked into the atmosphere by such a meteor strike could easily have caused forty days and nights of rain.

Here is a fascinating book, very well-researched, that will get the reader thinking in a whole new way. It may not be for everyone, but, for any sort of ancient history reader, it is highly recommended. ( )
  plappen | Jul 15, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,697,910 books! | Top bar: Always visible