Zan (Spiritdell, #1) by Dalya Moon

Zan (Spiritdell, #1)

by Dalya Moon

I really enjoyed this quite surprisingly as it is not my usual type of book. Geared to a much younger reader and seen through the eyes of a boy it had some really interesting and unique details. A very exciting paranormal/fantasy adventure. Really engages the reader. ( )
  LiteraryChanteuse | Jan 27, 2016 |
This is a cute, quick story of teenage friendship and romance, with a little witchcraft thrown in.
  shearon | Feb 6, 2013 |
Interesting story about a young man with an interesting paranormal "gift?". He also has two very close friends who he completely trusts who happen to be a boy and girl, twins. Looking forward to the next book in the series, "Swarm". ( )
  roadway2000 | Jul 15, 2012 |
You know what... I actually did like this book. It has got to be one of the most far fetched premises I've ever encountered (boy can see the future of any girl that pokes her finger into his belly button... what?!) but somehow I found myself getting into the story. Granted, the writing has a lot of holes in it. I dont think we found out Zan was African American until at least halfway in, the plot with Austin was underdeveloped (what is up with her, anyway?) But overall, I do think this is a book teens and YA will enjoy. I think it's something about Zan that kept me interested... so interested in fact, that I read part 2 (Swarm). ( )
  TBRetc | May 12, 2012 |
Zan is not your everyday teenage boy. He has a secret power. When a girl put her finger in his belly button, he sees snippets of her future. At a party held by his best friends he meets a girl who's future he can't see. From there things get more interesting as he battles evil and fights for the girl he loves. Really unusual but enjoyable reading! ( )
  Athenajewel | May 9, 2012 |

Zan is a teenage boy with a talent for discovering any girl’s secrets. If he asks a girl to poke her finger into his navel, he gets a psychic trip to Secret Town. Zan never likes what he finds.

When he meets mysterious, beautiful Austin, with her waist-length hair and mature laugh, he wants to get acquainted with her the slow way. Austin, however, can’t resist her curiosity, and when she pokes her finger into Zan’s belly button, he sees … nothing.

Austin dashes out of Zan’s house and out of his life, leaving Zan heartbroken and confused. To find peace, he must unravel the secret of his power. Is it a gift, or a curse? How can Zan love someone with no future? How can he not?

Poke is a fast-paced, short novel (novella) that covers Zan and his best friends' adventurous summer, as they battle witches, experiment with astral projection, and become better friends, all while cracking jokes.
Zan's navel's magic,
but keeps him from getting kissed,
until he finds love.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Dalya Moon's book Poke was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Dalya Moon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,822,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible