Only Fear by Anne Marie Becker

For anyone looking for a new suspense author to read - look no further. This was an intense book with a twisted serial killer that loves to prey on your fears.

Maggie Levine who is a psychiatrist has been though hell in her life. First her best friend was killed by a serial killer when they were 13. Then a patient who has a sick fascination with her kills her brother and then tries to kill her. Now on her radio talk show she has been getting strange calls from someone with an obsession with her and wants her to know fear.

Damian Manchester (who was the father of the 13 year old best friend) runs a private security business dedicated to catching serial murderers.
Former Secret Service Agent Ethan Townsend works for Damian is assigned to protect Maggie. Ethan has something very painful in his past that has prevented him from opening up and becoming close to anyone but Maggie seems bring out his most protective instincts and he finds himself very attracted to her even though he is fighting to save her from the Fearmonger. ( )
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
Ok, I have to give up on this. After reading 1/3, it seems pretty average as a romantic suspense. Plus, it has the instant lust/attraction theme which I always dislike and combined with the heavy baggage both of them carry, it seems too unbelievable in any case. On top of that, I can't get how a heroine who lost a loved one to a deadly stalker a year ago, would be so cocky and full of "let's-goad-him-and-catch-him" bravado when it comes to a second, deadlier one. Can a woman who has to get pills in order to get over her anxiety attacks, have such a fiesty attitude? It's seems highly unlikely to me and so I don't consider the heroine's characterization realistic, but then I'm no psychologist and it might not bother other readers.Other than that, the writing's not bad at all and if you like dark, edgy thrillers along with hot heroes with a scarred past, this seems promising as far as I could see.
  faniP | Aug 24, 2012 |

After a violent incident with a patient leaves scars on both her mind and body, psychiatrist Dr. Maggie Levine craves isolation. A radio talk show host seems to be the perfect profession, a job where she can help people from a distance while staying safe. When a strange caller begins stalking her on the air and murdering people to get her attention, Maggie realizes she can no longer close herself off from the outside world.… (more)

Anne Marie Becker is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,918,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible