Why Romeo Hates Juliet by Anna Mara

Why Romeo Hates Juliet

by Anna Mara

It takes a lot for me to delete a book, but this one did it. I made myself finish the book, but it was like watching a car crash. I WANTED to look away, but I felt compelled. And not in a good way. I found both characters extremely unlikeable. Especially Juliet. The “pranks” she pulled on Romeo should have resulted in a restraining order – not romance.

**Mild spoilers below:**

And the hijinx! I tried describing to my boyfriend some of the wackiness that happens (crushed t.v., glue mishap, accidental near-manslaughter, etc.). By the time I hit the fake amnesia he pled migraine. He didn’t even make it to the fake wedding (that turns out to be real that turns out to be invalid), the fire, the ol’ “ex turning up pregnant”… Sweet Mercival Zeus… and I’m probably forgetting some.

Listen to Nancy Reagan. Just say, “No.” ( )
  kirish | Oct 16, 2013 |
What a refreshing romantic tale. I loved the antics of Romeo and Juliet and couldn't wait from page to page to see who would get the better of the other. Juliet is a romance writer with a serious case of writer's block. So her and her sister decide to vacation for the summer at a beach house. All is going well until bad boy famous actor Romeo Boyd shows up next door, ready to party. The two come to verbal and 'physical' blows over the course of the summer, but eventually the actor gets one up on little miss perfect. Amnesia. And the only thing he remembers is her being his wife. So will the two play the part of a happily married couple and all that entails just to get back at each other? Or will the holy trinity of marriage show them their true feelings and push all the nonsense to the past? ( )
  wndy2011 | Jul 1, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,075,707 books! | Top bar: Always visible