Steine auf dem Weg zum Pass by Anja Siouda

Steine auf dem Weg zum Pass

by Anja Siouda

213,662,998 (4.25)None
Recently added byBoekenTrol71, Isfet

When entering for a bookring for this book I didn't know what to expect. I was curious, that's the main reason why I signed up.
And despite that at first sight the subject (interpersonal relations, secluded environment, religious touch)isn't what I usually read, curiosity won. Luckily.
I liked this book a lot. The three brothers entangled in a love-hate relationship on their alp far away from civilization, in a VERY dirty house, are looking for a house maid. Enters Halima. With her, their whole world turns upside down. She hardly speaks any German, but somehow, despite the differences in language and religion, they find a way to live together. A very sad story unfolds of which I will not tell the details. It suffices to say that I was entangled by it, hoping that things would turn for the better. The story is for the first part more or less seen form Martin's point of view. When his story ends, Halima takes over in a kind of diary form.
An uexpectedly good read. ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Mar 31, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible