Hood Luv by C. J. Hudson

115,447,655 (3)None
Recently added byOOSABookClub

No tags.

Hoodrific

To say this is a small world, is an understatement. Devin is a high school senior. Monica is his math teacher. Devin has a crush on Monica. She sees him as a knucklehead. Their lives will soon experience some drastic changes.

"Hood Luv" puts me in mind of Menace II Society and Boyz in the Hood with a twist. The main issue I had was the age of the younger characters. They were involved in some grimy acts. Despite the activities going on, I couldn't put the book down. There were a few grammatical errors that required me to go back and re-read passages. C.J. Hudson does an excellent job of drawing readers into the drama. If you are a fan of urban literary, this is definitely the book for you.

Reviewed by: Jas ( )
  OOSABookClub | Jan 15, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,705,223 books! | Top bar: Always visible