Teleport This by Christopher M. Daniels

Amazon assures me this is a full-length novel but since I read it in one sitting, I'm having trouble accepting their word for it. That aside, it did move very quickly and it's a lot of fun, especially if you can keep track of where everybody is and what they're doing. There's no real depth to the characters but hey, it's a comedy, they don't have to be deep to be funny.

The book could use another proofreading pass, but if you can get past the spelling, grammar, etc., then it's worth some time. Normally I'd knock a half-star or full star off for the errors, but it did keep me up reading pretty late. So we'll call this one a full four stars. ( )
  GunnarGrey | Feb 28, 2014 |
The book sends the trio back in time 1,000 years to Chichén Itzá, where the boys make friends with fallen Maya Royals who they help restore to there rightful place in society. I like the books and they are very popular with series readers, especially boys. The Maya are a living breathing people still unlike neanderthals or european pirates and it is not awful, good for beginers to read . In particular spot in the book, Scieszka ridicules the evil Maya rulers name as "Kakapupahed". i mention this to whoever takes the book out. Still, the series is clever and popular with for people my age to read.
  Curtiss37 | Jun 1, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,741,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible