Shark & The Wolf: Predators and Prey by…

Shark & The Wolf: Predators and Prey

by Daniel D. Shields

This was not a favorite book for me but it was not horrible and I was quite interested from the beginning.

The elephant story broke my heart I have to say that from that point in the book I was glued. It is not normal to read a book where that animals and humans are living the same world as equals and Daniel Shields did a very good job making sure that we were able to see the worlds collide and the entire book was interesting. A true 3 star read for me! ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
It’s difficult to know how to describe Shark and the Wolf: Predators and Prey… Perhaps as a cross between Aesop’s Fables and John Grisham? An intriguing mix of The Sopranos meets Jeff Corwin? Or The Godfather meets The Jungle Book?

Once you read the book, you’ll understand my quandry. This is a clever mix of mystery, thriller and humour but cleverly thrown into the mix are both animals and those with animalistic characteristics.

Daniel Shields addresses issues such as animal capture and entrapment, slavery and exploitation and entertainment over ethics in this clever and well-written novel.

What intrigued me most was how Shields introduces two animals normally renouned for their stealth and cunning (the Shark and the Wolf) and yet pitted against humans (and their dirty-handed, double-dealing tactics), it’s the humans that come out looking more base and animalistic than the creatures.

This is a wonderful novel with superb writing, well written characters and the only Great White pool playing shark you’re ever likely to encounter in literature. It’s almost guilt-inducing to find it humorous because there are such serious themes in it but Shields has managed to ensure that an entertaining and well-developed story is delivered while still punching home a few key messages. Bravo!

Note: I received a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review. I did not receive any additional compensation and all opinions are my own. ( )
  donnambr | Jan 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,936,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible