Shark & The Wolf: Predators and Prey by…

Shark & The Wolf: Predators and Prey

by Daniel D. Shields

fiction (1) K (1) Kindle (1) Kindle book (2) to-read (10)

I seriously don't know how to review this book.For me it was a different experience reading it.This is my first time reading this kind of book.

Shark and the wolf is a great mixture of both fun and mystery where only in this book the villains are the humans to the animals.I think the author loves animals so much that is why he has made main characters such as Shark, wolf, Dog Z Boy, foxie Vixen, etc.I felt like the first few pages were little boring and also had few issues like for example, the abnormal love between the animals.But I was totally able to drop this as it could spoil me reading the book entirely.Despite that it was a fun experience reading the book.

I liked Shark and Vixen as a couple.When Old Jack beat Vixen so badly, I sympathized for her and Shark.But I also hated Vixen so much in the first place as it was all her mistake and stupidity that led to their friends captivation by Old Jack and Shaw.But I loved the way the author has let his imagination flow throughout the book.

After reading this book I got the full satisfaction of watching a good animation movie.The ending was very cute with deceased Dog z boy's three pups playing with Shark.

Finally, I have to thank the author for two things-

First -for giving me a signed paperback copy

Second-for taking me to a different world set around animals. ( )
  infantinanivetha | Jul 30, 2018 |
This was not a favorite book for me but it was not horrible and I was quite interested from the beginning.

The elephant story broke my heart I have to say that from that point in the book I was glued. It is not normal to read a book where that animals and humans are living the same world as equals and Daniel Shields did a very good job making sure that we were able to see the worlds collide and the entire book was interesting. A true 3 star read for me! ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
It’s difficult to know how to describe Shark and the Wolf: Predators and Prey… Perhaps as a cross between Aesop’s Fables and John Grisham? An intriguing mix of The Sopranos meets Jeff Corwin? Or The Godfather meets The Jungle Book?

Once you read the book, you’ll understand my quandry. This is a clever mix of mystery, thriller and humour but cleverly thrown into the mix are both animals and those with animalistic characteristics.

Daniel Shields addresses issues such as animal capture and entrapment, slavery and exploitation and entertainment over ethics in this clever and well-written novel.

What intrigued me most was how Shields introduces two animals normally renouned for their stealth and cunning (the Shark and the Wolf) and yet pitted against humans (and their dirty-handed, double-dealing tactics), it’s the humans that come out looking more base and animalistic than the creatures.

This is a wonderful novel with superb writing, well written characters and the only Great White pool playing shark you’re ever likely to encounter in literature. It’s almost guilt-inducing to find it humorous because there are such serious themes in it but Shields has managed to ensure that an entertaining and well-developed story is delivered while still punching home a few key messages. Bravo!

Note: I received a copy of the book in exchange for my honest review. I did not receive any additional compensation and all opinions are my own. ( )
  donnambr | Jan 12, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,825,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible