Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Data Virtualization: Going Beyond Traditional Data Integration to Achieve…
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0979930413, Paperback)This is a Book of Data Virtualization Case Studies
Data Virtualization: Going Beyond Traditional Data Integration to Achieve Business Agility, the first book ever written on the topic of data virtualization, introduces the technology that enables data virtualization and presents ten real-world case studies that demonstrate the significant value and tangible business agility benefits that can be achieved through the implementation of data virtualization solutions.
This first chapter describes the book and introduces the relationship between data virtualization and business agility. The second chapter is a more thorough exploration of data virtualization technology. Topics include what is data virtualization, why use it, how it works and how enterprises typically adopt it. The third chapter addresses the many ways that data virtualization improves business agility, with particular focus on the three elements of business agility business decision agility, time-to-solution agility and resource agility.
The core of the book is a rich set of in-depth data virtualization case studies that describe how ten enterprises across a wide range of industries and domains have successfully adopted data virtualization to increase their business agility. The ten enterprises profiled are customers of Composite Software, Inc., a data virtualization software vendor.
These case studies are preceded by a summary chapter entitled Data Virtualization: The User Perspective that synthesizes the business agility benefits achieved through data virtualization and provides a compendium of best practices for implementing data virtualization solutions. The summary is followed by the ten detailed case studies from Comcast, Compassion International, a Fortune 50 Computer Manufacturer, a Fortune 50 Financial Services Firm, a Global 50 Energy Company, a Global 100 Financial Services Firm, Northern Trust, NYSE Euronext, Pfizer and Qualcomm.
Each case study includes a complete and rich implementation profile that includes:
- Organization Background. This section provides high-level context about the organization its industry, products, markets, revenues and more and a brief profile of the leader of the data virtualization initiative within the organization.
- The Business Problem. This section describes the specific business problem addressed by the data virtualization solution.
- The Data Virtualization Solution. This section describes how data virtualization was successfully deployed to fulfill the business needs described above. This includes information about the data virtualization platform and architecture, the consuming applications and data sources, and the deployment that successfully integrated these sources and consumers. Additional technologies, methodologies and strategies that contributed to the solution are also described.
- The Implementation Process. This section provides insights into the process used to implement the data virtualization solution. We also highlight implementation advice for others based on lessons learned.
- Summary of Benefits and Return on Investment. This section describes the enhanced agility and other business benefits as well as IT benefits realized from the adoption of data virtualization. Where possible, tangible ROI value is included.
- Summary of Critical Success Factors. This section identifies the features of the solution and implementation process that were most important to achieving success.
- Future Directions. Because data virtualization adoption can span multiple projects on the path to enterprise-wide deployment, this section identifies planned next steps as well as other factors to be considered in the near future.
In conclusion, the last chapter transforms earlier chapter insights into a concise set of data virtualization takeaways and guidance to encoura
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:29 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.