Theft at the Speed of Light by Michael…

Theft at the Speed of Light

by Michael Galloway

1111,166,181 (2.5)None

Well, this certainly wasn't a bad book, just hard to find the focus. First, I find the overwhelming religious tones to be distracting, and the authors' beliefs (question mark?) can be written into the story without being shoved in the readers face. Now that I have my biggest complaint out of the way, I can focus on the story: There are two intersecting story arcs here, both focusing on the loss of privacy in the digital age. However, they are murky and not well written. I would recommend a strong edit to the stories before going to press. ( )
  kristincedar | Mar 2, 2015 |

In a matter of minutes, thousands of checking accounts across America go empty. Caught up in the theft is Alex Poole, a software engineer who works on house arrest and prisoner tracking systems. As a result, he switches his account to Aspirizon Bank--an institution well known for its friendly tellers, futuristic branches, and the ever-popular "Liberty Card".

But when he finds the bank is run by a notorious ex-coworker and strange visitors start arriving at his door, he realizes the bank's vision of the future may come at a price few are willing to pay.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Michael Galloway's book Theft at the Speed of Light was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Michael Galloway is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,839,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible