Blood Lust by JE Gurley

Blood Lust

by JE Gurley

811,470,804 (5)None

A monster is on the rampage in Detective Tack Hardin's city, murdering young women and drinking their blood. It isn't long before Hardin learns that the killer is a chupacabra, and that its young will soon awaken with their own thirst for blood. He finds an ally in the beautiful and mysterious Joria Alvarez, whose father was murdered by the creature and whose obsession with it may prove Hardin's undoing. As the body count rises, Hardin risks his career and his life to fight a threat to humankind that may be more massive than even he realizes.

There's a lot to like about Bloodlust, starting with Hardin, who reminds me in some ways of Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch in his grim determination to protect the innocent and ability to take large amounts of damage and keep going. The subplot with a secret government agency attempting to capture a chupacabra alive to further its own projects was intriguing. As far as Joria's character went, I'm afraid I guessed the twist with her well before it was revealed, but that was about all I foresaw. If you like hardboiled police noir with a supernatural enemy, you'll likely enjoy this tale. ( )
  GaryWOlson | Mar 10, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,805,667 books! | Top bar: Always visible