Helen of Troy by Tess Collins

Helen of Troy

by Tess Collins

412,354,638 (3)None

This book was a goodreads.com first read contest win.

While I liked the book and it had a good plot I felt there was something missing for me. I enjoyed the character's Helen, Rudy and Garland.

While Garland tried or thought he was rescuing Helen from some sort of abuse he did not realize that Helen was the person responsible for the items that had been thrown. He had good intentions but we all know what happens when we have good intentions. But Garland intentions seemed to turn to something different and he wanted more.

This story is set in the Appalachian Mountain's area with a lot of redneck people (yes, I can say redneck since I live near the area).

Helen is the average person that is taking care of everyone but no one is taking care of her.

I enjoyed the mythology part of the book. I believe it helped to give the book a better more developed plot. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,778,588 books! | Top bar: Always visible