Total Blueprint for World Domination by…

Total Blueprint for World Domination

by Jolene Stockman

122768,668 (4)None

Total Blueprint for World Domination is a self-help book for teenagers. I suppose I am part of the target audience as I'm still in my teens... just about! I don't really tend to read non-fiction books a lot as I find they often go on for ages about nothing and I just skim them for the interesting parts. But I quite enjoyed this one and in part because it does not ramble on. It gets straight to the point and is short and sweet. It's a little boost of positivity.

This book doesn't tell you what you should be doing. It doesn't stick to one viewpoint and and consider all other options wrong. Rather, it tells you what you could do and lets the rest up to you. It's all about feeling empowered and realizing that when it comes down to it, you are really the one with control over your life. It definitely gets the point across that you cannot control other people and their actions but you can certainly control yourself! It's very open-ended and designed to make you think about all your options and decide which would be best for you personally given your own circumstances.

It's very well laid out in a clear and concise manner. It's basically done out in steps and is really easy to follow. Each step leads on to the next and it all builds up into your full plan. Total Blueprint for World Domination can be applied to massive decisions or tiny ones- it's up to you! It's well written and bursting with enthusiasm. Stockman draws on her own life experience at times which adds more meaning to the book as a whole. I certainly enjoyed reading this and like I said, it doesn't take much time to get through at all. I would recommend it for anyone who needs a little motivation for whatever it is. ( )
  nicola26 | Mar 29, 2013 |
We’ve all heard of The Secret or books like it and while the synopsis of Total Blueprint points in that direction it’s not. Sure some elements of it may mimic Rhonda Byrne or Esther Hicks, but in the end Total Blueprint is just that…a blueprint on how to make your dreams come true. It’s targeted towards young adults, however; both parents and their children can sit down and map out a future of possibilities. We all have dreams we would like to see to fruition so why not create a blueprint? As Stockman states, “You’ve got one life, one shot, and all the power to make it happen. Get ready to dream big and live big. It’s all up to you. And it starts now.”

Stockman’s writing is simple and straightforward. In fact a lot of young adults will be able to associate with the examples she uses. She clearly knows how to communicate with them and relies on her own life experiences to convey her examples. Stockman walks the reader through a series of exercises. Each chapter is short, but meaningful. In fact as you read you’ll bookmark pages you’ll want to return to. It’s written to be open-ended and lets you think of your goals. She also gives you the option to think through circumstances so you can create a reality that fits you. The steps are easy to follow and designed to move along as you read. So at the end, you have your kick ass blueprint.

I do admit I was a bit unsure of how Stockman might tackle a few subjects. Mostly I was worried that she would say, “anything is possible.” Despite the fact that you might want to cure cancer, but you aren’t good science, she does state to make your goals realistic and for you. You might never be that scientist or model, but you can work in the industry and she walks you through possible scenarios to let you achieve your dream.

Anyone looking for a little motivation would benefit from this book. It’s not patronizing nor does it tell what to do and how to do it. I personally felt inspired after reading and do admit I began to plan what my blueprint would look like. I’m not ashamed to say that this weekend I’ll be finalizing it. We can all relate to wanting to achieve a dream and sometimes we lose our goals along the way. So why not take advantage of the help to clear up the mind?

Please note: author supplied book for review. ( )
  winterlillies | Dec 21, 2012 |
The world needs its ass kicked. You're going to do it. The worlds awaiting you are bright and varied. Target, aim, fire!
There is no real world, just the one you create.
Shrug off the no’s – they are temporary. This is your world. In your world there is only yes.

"This book lets readers: explore hidden passions and find direction; create heart-pounding, toe-tingling goals; recruit an army for support; design a dream world and make it happen; achieve world domination step-by-step. Full of tips and tricks for tackling life's challenges, Total Blueprint for World Domination will motivate you to take your life to the next level. You've got one life, one shot, and all the power to make it happen. It's all up to you. And it starts now!"--Back cover. Suggested level: secondary.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jolene Stockman's book Total Blueprint for World Domination was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jolene Stockman is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,149,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible