An Unsettled Range by Andrew Grey

Much like the other two books in this series, this third volume is about two men learning to stand up for themselves and finding love. Both Troy and Liam have had a difficult time of it, but neither can move on before they have dealt with their pasts. Meeting at the Holden ranch gives them an opportunity to figure themselves out, as well as finding a new home.

Troy has been hiding his sexuality for years – but his unwillingness to admit he’s gay has cost him. Not just in terms of his personal feelings and needs going unmet, since he got married and has a daughter, other people are involved as well. This makes finally owning up to the truth and I really felt for him. He is not the only person this has ever happened to, but following a story like this, seeing the pain and anguish he goes through as his family suffers, made me tear up quite a few times. As much as I wanted to berate him for getting everyone into this mess, I also totally felt for him and admired the courage he showed when he finally did come out.

Liam has a very different battle to face, but one that requires as much courage as Troy’s and is no less scary. While he has always been honest about his sexuality (having been caught kissing another boy by his father), he has been beaten down so much that he feels as f he isn’t ‘worthy’ to be taken seriously. He is also very wary about being openly gay. Learning to stand up for himself, daring to fall in love and making something of his life isn’t easy, but he perseveres once he sees all the guys at the ranch who managed to do it.

Each of these books makes me fall in love with these guys more. Dakota and Wally, as well as Phillip and Haven are back, and have grown into a real support network for any new arrivals. Wally may be running a large animal rescue, but I think the ranch is turning into a ‘human rescue’ to match. If you like sweet stories about men who learn to stand up for themselves, if life on a ranch intrigues you, and if you like reading about real struggles with past mistakes and overcoming pain caused by the unthinking action of others, you will probably like this book as much as I did.

NOTE: This book was provided by Dreamspinner Press for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews. ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 14, 2017 |
I found myself skimming which I hate doing. There were certain aspect of this book I did enjoy, but overall it was rather dull and uninspiring. 2.5 stars. ( )
  Penny01 | Feb 1, 2014 |
This is book 3 in the series
The last thing Liam Southard expects when he flees his abusive father is to be taken in by a couple of gay ranchers. Soon he has a new job and a new perspective on his sexuality, and his life starts to turn around. Then someone pulls a gun on him.

In Troy Gardener’s defense, the gun thing was a mistake. Between his marriage falling apart and living in his uncle's isolated hunting cabin, he's been a little edgy. He wants to make it up to Liam, and once he discovers how much they have in common, he wants even more. But with Liam's father popping in unexpectedly and a mining company threatening the ranch’s water supply, the only guarantee is that life is never going to be boring.
Once again the author shows why he is the master at creating endearing and likable characters such as Liam and Troy.
I look forward to the rest of the series. ( )
  silversurfer | Mar 20, 2013 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,791,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible