The Meat Free Mondays Cookbook by Meat Free…

The Meat Free Mondays Cookbook

by Meat Free Monday Campaign, Tara Fisher (Photographer), Annie Rigg (Editor)

Other authors: Mary McCartney (Introduction), Paul McCartney (Introduction), Stella McCartney (Introduction)

I found this disappointing as a cookbook. The photography is beautiful but often unhelpful. For instance, opposite a page with a recipe for "Crunchy Cauliflower and Macaroni" is a gorgeous photograph of a raw, whole cauliflower. Some of the photos do appear to correspond to actual recipes but are not labeled, so it's not always 100% clear. Also, this next is my personal bias, but I'm not inclined to take something like grapefruit and add yogurt and, more importantly, sugar to it to make it breakfast -- I'd rather eat it plain since it's already delicious, and then add something else to make breakfast. There was a tangy cauliflower relish recipe that tempted me, but it had ingredients such as fenugreek seeds in it -- ????. I just don't find this to be a cookbook that relates to real life, and it's unlikely to convince anyone to try vegetarianism. ( )
1 vote amysisson | Mar 8, 2014 |

Meat Free Monday Campaignprimary authorall editionscalculated
Fisher, TaraPhotographermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Rigg, AnnieEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed
McCartney, MaryIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCartney, PaulIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
McCartney, StellaIntroductionsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

From Amazon.com

In 2009, Paul, Stella and Mary McCartney launched the Meat Free Monday campaign as a simple and straightforward idea to show everyone the value of eating less meat – and to make it easier for us to do so. Cutting down the amount of meat in our diet has a huge range of environmental and personal benefits, including significantly reducing the greenhouse gas emissions associated with livestock production, boosting our health by increasing the amount of fruit and vegetables in our diet, and helping us save money by offering substitutes for expensive meat and fish. Often, though, our vegetarian repertoire is limited, with the result that our enthusiasm to continue with a meat-free day wanes when we are confronted with yet again eating the same dish. With menus for each of the 52 weeks of the year – two main recipes, plus four other ideas for each meal of the day – The Meat Free Monday Cookbook addresses this problem and is aimed at everyone who cares about the environment, is happy to eat vegetarian one day a week, but needs inspiration and guidance to do so. Packed with vibrant spring soups, inventive summer salads, appetizing fall casseroles and comforting winter stews, the recipes include such enticing dishes as Grilled Figs with Ricotta, Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes, Sicilian Cauliflower Pasta, Mexican Cornbread, Pilau Rice with Cashews, French Bean, Roquefort and Walnut Salad, Watermelon Granita, Hot Mozzarella Sandwich, Roasted Halloumi Wrap and Onion and Walnut Muffins, and cover everything from alternatives to the ubiquitous ham sandwich in your packed lunch and the traditional cooked breakfast to satisfying snacks for when hunger strikes. With contributions from Paul, Stella and Mary McCartney, as well as celebrity and chef supporters of the campaign such as Skye Gyngell, Giorgio Locatelli, Yotam Ottellenghi, Tom Aikens, Kevin Spacey, Pink, Twiggy, Woody Harrelson, Vivienne Westwood and Pamela Anderson, The Meat Free Monday Cookbook is guaranteed to tempt even the most confirmed carnivore.

A cookbook that highlights the Meat Free Monday campaign started by former Beatle Paul McCartney and his daughters features vegetarian recipes contributed by the McCartneys, as well as Kevin Spacey, Woody Harrelson, and Pamela Anderson.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 123,723,170 books! | Top bar: Always visible