LeBron James: Basketball Superstar (Sports…

LeBron James: Basketball Superstar (Sports Illustrated Kids: Superstar…

by Joanne Mattern

631,268,033 (5)None

Lebron James
Basketball Superstar
Lebron James was born on December 30,1984, in Akron Ohio. As a child his mother Gloria at the time was only 19. While young Lebron was growing up his mother sent him to his football coach, Frankie Walker. Lebron James favorite sports were Football, and Basketball, when he got to highschool Lebron ruled the court. In his first year of highschool his basketball team won the state championship. The next year Lebron averaged more than 25 points per game. In the 2003 NBA Draft the Cleveland cavaliers drafted Lebron James with the first pick in the Draft. Some of Achievements lebron has are Rookie of the year, youngest player to score 10,000, NBA Champion, MVP.

I thought the story of Lebron James was really good. I liked the book a lot because Lebron James is one of my favorite basketball players of all time. Another reason why I liked the book because it told us a lot about his childhood and as a young adolescent. Some things I didn’t like was when his father left him as a baby. Another thing I didn’t like was when Lebron James went to the Miami Heat.
  KenanF.B2 | Mar 22, 2018 |
Lebron James had a not so great childhood because his mom didn't have enough money to take care of him. She then sent him to live with his football coach. James's favorite sports were football and basketball, but by highschool he was playing only basketball. In highschool he was the top player and his team won two statechampionships in a row. Then in 2003 the Cleveland Cavaliers drafted him out of highschool. By the end of the season he was named the best Rookie of the year. He led the Cavaliers to their first ever NBA finals and then became the youngest player to ever score 10,000 points. 2008-2009 was another great season and he led them to the playoffs again.

I really enjoyed this book and was really interested in reading it because I also want to become a great athlete some day. It amazed me that someone with that type of backround can make it to be so big! It also interested me to read about how he always had ups and downs in his game but kept going, and then ended up being so good. ( )
  aivas.G1 | Jan 18, 2017 |
  BRCSBooks | Apr 8, 2014 |

A biography of the life and career of LeBron James one of the best rookie basketball players.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,149,409 books! | Top bar: Always visible