Onyx

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (2)

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)
    Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity (The Taking) by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (95)  Italian (2)  All languages (97)
OMG. This series is just getting better and better. I can't wait to see what else it brings. The chemistry between the two characters is absolutely perfect. There is almost the perfect amount of angst thrown in without being so much that I want to pull my hair out. The main characters are fun and I genuinely like them both. Katy keeps making stupid decisions though. It ended on a cliffhanger, of course. So I'm antsy to see what book 3 will bring. I do want to make a quick note about the cover models. While I think both are extremely attractive. The girl looks nothing like what I would have pictured Katy as. And while the guy is super yummy looking. NO WAY he is a teenager or even close. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I've always liked the banter between Katy and Daemon. This book had me geekin out loud at points. These two are my favorite, Katy to Dee: "If I wore one of your dresses, I'd look like a tightly packaged sausage", and Adam to Daemon regarding his brother Andrew: "But if you want to put him out of commission for the next week after that comment, I'll help", which Andrews scowled back: "Gee, thanks brother". LOL.

I'm sad about what happened to one of the Thompson triplets. He was my favorite one of them too. I nearly threw my book across the room, except that would be sacrilegious according to Katy, and I would have to agree. But despite this I'm glad things for Katy and Daemon have improved.

Regarding some of Katy's decisions, I just wanted to smack her forehead, tell her to wake up, and get it together. Daemon is well
I felt the book was good, I liked it. But it wasn't great. ( )
  luulaa | Jun 15, 2021 |
Way better than the first. Couldn't put it down.
  sishpa | Apr 25, 2020 |
OK so this is probably one of my favorite series now. The way the Armentrout sucks you into this world is phenomenal. I mean the minute I had read "Shadows" I knew I was going to be hooked into this series. But now after reading "Onyx" and omg I just didn't want it to end, I don't want to have to wait the continuation of Daemon and Katy's adventures, including Dee who omg I feel so bad for it made me want to cry. And Blake that punk ass, gawd I knew something wasn't right about him, or Will that creep he just seemed to be too good to be true, in any case he was. Then Ash semi-sort of chilling out on Katy, mmhmm what is going on there I wonder. But the ending OMG OMG OMg!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I don't have to wait like a year for "Opal" to come out, and fortunately is comes out in December it's going to be a killer wait, but fortunately I have other books to keep me occupied, plus school, plus life until then. I JUST LOVE THIS SERIES! I would recommend this series to the dead if I could. =^.^= ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
3.5 - A tad predictable, but a good and fast read.

I am not a fan of the romance, but then again I don't read sci-fi, paranormal or fantasy for the romance's, usually. I read them for the plot line, and while this had one it was a tad shaky. Most of it relied on Katy making a lot of idiotic and spur of the moment decisions, some of which had some pretty serious consequences. Not to mention I am pretty sure this chick is void of any gut instincts. I guess that is a good way to keep the action going. Most people wouldn't want to read a suspenseful book where the protagonist says things like "I am not going in there", "I ain't helping any strangers", "Yeah, sounds dangerous, no thanks." I guess if the book was about me as a protagonist in these situations we would have a 30 page book. It would end the first second shit got REAL. :D I digress. The book itself is a quick read and JLA has an amazing ability to suck you into a book with her writing. I will most likely continue with the series, because sometimes I like to read books that don't require me to think on a deeper level. This is missing actual science and common sense, and has a lot of twists and turns in the action (even if predictable at times) so I would still recommend it and I will most likely continue on with the series. ( )
  Jonez | Oct 24, 2019 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Lux (2)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,171,317 books! | Top bar: Always visible