Onyx (A Lux Novel) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Onyx (A Lux Novel) (edition 2012)

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (2)

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks...Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon's determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I've sworn him off, even though he's running more hot than cold these days. But we've got bigger problems.Something worse than the Arum has come to town...The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I'm a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who's got a secret of his own. He knows what's happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him...… (more)
Member:Sugarpeach
Title:Onyx (A Lux Novel)
Authors:Jennifer L. Armentrout
Info:Entangled Teen (2012), Edition: 1st Edition: August 2012/Book 2, Paperback, 416 pages

Work Information

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Ammora)
    Gravity (The Taking) by Melissa West (Lpaddycake)
    Lpaddycake: Here is another series following the development of a young couple and finding out one is an alien and they must rely on each other to save Earth and their way of life.

English (96)  Italian (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (99)
What I like most about this series is that Katy has a book review blog like I do. It makes me have something in common with her. That's not all I like though. I like the entire plot. It's different and it keeps me interested.

In the last book, Daemon was a big jerk to Katy but I could understand why since his family and some of the town are aliens, closely monitored by the DOD. His brother had gotten close to a human and they ended up dead. He just didn't want any more trouble.

In this book, Daemon is trying to make up for the way he treated her but Katy isn't going to make it easy on him.

There's a new boy in town and he's made it clear that he's interested in her. Daemon doesn't trust him but that may be just jealousy.

When Katy sees the girl who was supposed to have been killed in a DOD vehicle, she gets hopeful that maybe Daemon's brother is alive too. She and Daemon start looking for answers.

This author makes the Department of Defense seem cold and brutal in this series. There are some terrifying agents working for them.

I liked this book better than the first book. I'm going to continue with the series.

www.paranormalromanceslut.com ( )
  dragonlion | Jul 30, 2022 |
I still don't know why I'm reading this.
I guess I want to know how it ends. *sigh* Sometimes this habit of mine is loathsome...

I really hate the fact that this series isn't finished yet. I resent that. ( )
  QuirkyCat_13 | Jun 20, 2022 |
OMG. This series is just getting better and better. I can't wait to see what else it brings. The chemistry between the two characters is absolutely perfect. There is almost the perfect amount of angst thrown in without being so much that I want to pull my hair out. The main characters are fun and I genuinely like them both. Katy keeps making stupid decisions though. It ended on a cliffhanger, of course. So I'm antsy to see what book 3 will bring. I do want to make a quick note about the cover models. While I think both are extremely attractive. The girl looks nothing like what I would have pictured Katy as. And while the guy is super yummy looking. NO WAY he is a teenager or even close. ( )
  starslight86 | Jul 20, 2021 |
I've always liked the banter between Katy and Daemon. This book had me geekin out loud at points. These two are my favorite, Katy to Dee: "If I wore one of your dresses, I'd look like a tightly packaged sausage", and Adam to Daemon regarding his brother Andrew: "But if you want to put him out of commission for the next week after that comment, I'll help", which Andrews scowled back: "Gee, thanks brother". LOL.

I'm sad about what happened to one of the Thompson triplets. He was my favorite one of them too. I nearly threw my book across the room, except that would be sacrilegious according to Katy, and I would have to agree. But despite this I'm glad things for Katy and Daemon have improved.

Regarding some of Katy's decisions, I just wanted to smack her forehead, tell her to wake up, and get it together. Daemon is well
I felt the book was good, I liked it. But it wasn't great. ( )
  luulaa | Jun 15, 2021 |
Way better than the first. Couldn't put it down.
  sishpa | Apr 25, 2020 |

Jennifer L. Armentroutprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eyre, JustineNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reggiani, SaraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Lux (2)
If there is anything, there is us.
You and me. No one else.
Daemon pressed his forehead against mine. "Oh, I still want to strangle you. But I'm insane. You're crazy. Maybe that's why. We just make crazy together.”
Dogeared pages were Antichrist of book lovers everywhere.
Memories, even bittersweet ones, are better than nothing.
“You’re not dying,” he said.
“How do you know?”
His eyes latched onto mine. “Because I’d never let that happen.”

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,398,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible