Wish You Were Here

by Rita Mae Brown, Sneaky Pie Brown (Author)

As the murders pile up in Crozet, Virgina, it seems the ones who can shiff out the clues best are a cat and a dog.
    The Cat Who Could Read Backwards by Lilian Jackson Braun (JenMillar)
    JenMillar: Der erste Roman von Lilian Jackson Braun um Qwil und Koko! Spannend und sehr gut geschrieben. Jeder der Katzenkrimis mag sollte diese Reihe nicht auslassen

English (25)  Dutch (1)  All languages (26)
This is a very cute book, and enjoyed reading it. (I wasn't sure when it started with a cast of characters... I hate feeling like I have to do my homework before reading a book.) The interactions between the pets especially amuses me. ( )
  ca.bookwyrm | May 18, 2020 |
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
A really good series that I am rereading for fourth or fifth time because I have four new books in the series. ( )
  Karen74Leigh | Sep 4, 2019 |
I honestly can't decide if I want to continue with this series. I'm not a prude, I'm a high school librarian for crying out loud, but the crassness of the language in this book is very out of character for the setting that is portrayed. It just doesn't mesh for me nor does it make it a pleasant cozy read. It became better in the second part of the book but I wondered if the author had a "curse word" quota she was trying to fill in the first 25 pages of the book. ( )
  sgilbraith | Feb 8, 2019 |
New cozy mystery series for me. Like many of the previous reviews, I agree that the number of characters was sometimes overwhelming, and there were some odd, out of place, and therefore glaringly noticeable rants/ravings by either Harry, the main character, or her pets. They seemed overtly political and unnecessary to advancing the plot or developing a character. They almost felt like someone had bet the author that they couldn't work in some liberal anti-government dogma randomly throughout the book. If that truly was the case, the author totally earned their $50 :-), because boy were there occasions that left the reader truly bewildered. Beyond that, I did really like the town and characters, and think that like most series, the first book is often the most scattered, and things generally improve as the series progresses. I didn't LOVE this book, like I did the first of the Agatha Raisin or Hamish Macbeth series, but I am willing to see what the next book is like.

ETA - I have now read the first 12 books of this series. I am not sure what happened after book 1, but the author definitely hits her stride as far as the writing, characters and plot development go. Or she got a better editor. Either way, if you don't entirely hate the premise of the series, but didn't like book 1, I can definitely recommend that you keep reading, they do get better. ( )
  lexxa83 | Jun 13, 2017 |

Rita Mae Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, Sneaky PieAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,518,972 books! | Top bar: Always visible